SSR: System Shock Kickstarter

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 97/400▶▶
664b9fc32c34c
lgsQuote
It's a SS2 look if it was released today and i'm perfectly fine with it, but i can understand SS1 purist frustration, i would also miss the unity tech demo look, it was very charming.
Dismemberment in it's current iteration looks exactly like Fallout 3s, it's good to have it (also mutants look a lot like F3 ghouls)
Stealth - great.
All hud is obviously a placeholder.
Rivet gun - great, especially if they implement nailing stuff to walls with it.
Shattering mutants - amazing, looks like the shatter tech is procedural.
664b9fc32c4cc
la0sQuote
I have yet to see or hear anything from Jason Fader, that makes me confident he can lead this. Somehow I don’t Spector or Church would ever try to show off how you can dismember enemies.
Acknowledged by: ThiefsieFool
664b9fc32c5b5
lgsQuote
May be because he doesn't have status of an industry icon and is a way more grounded guy? I don't see any red flags in lead showcasing a feature that the dev team have implemented.
664b9fc32c75c
icemannQuote
I thought the video was great, though it gives off the impression that there is a bit of scope creep going on.

I'd be nailing hacking and cyberspace as this is System Shock 1 not System Shock 2. Concerning themselves with freezing enemies and dismemberment is more something that should be focused on later if time permits.

The look of the areas appears nice. Has a Prey-ish look. The only problem there being that Prey was heavily inspired by SS2 and not SS1. If you read the text based bits of the update (which were quite interesting) they added in new enemies like cyborg commanders and turrets. To me it still looks like their trying to turn the first game more into how SS2 was.
664b9fc32c882
voodoo47Quote
which again, may, or may not turn out to be a good thing in the end.
◀◀Page: 97/400▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact