SSR: System Shock Kickstarter

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 100/400▶▶
664b5317ac56e
JosiahJackQuote
NDS: Hey we are remaking System Shock!
Fans: Awesome!  That sounds fantastic!
NDS: Look we made a demo!
Fans: Cool!  Maybe a little close to the original, but hits nostalgic sweet spots!
NDS: Nah, we don't like Unity.  We're changing engines.
Fans: Oh, that's fine...we're sure it will still be awesome.
NDS: Look we have some pics of our work.  Listen to our orchestral soundtrack bits!
Fans: Um, that looks very different.  It's more SS2-esque, doesn't preserve the style (from what we see), and looks very modern (which may not be bad).  Music seems a little out of place.  It will be cool probably.
NDS: Look we have a teaser video!  We added dismemberment and shattering.  Look at how shiny everything looks in Unreal engine, see how realistic we made it look!  There's even a children's waiting room on a space station full of weapons and mining equipment.
Fans: Uh...what?  Well...maybe it will still be alright.  Wait what is this??  This doesn't even look like SS1.  Where's the nostalgia? Um...it...well, it will maybe be ok still.  No really, it's fine.  Um keep it up.
Acknowledged by: ThiefsieFool
664b5317ac6ac
foxQuote
As long as the door code is still 0451.
Acknowledged by: JosiahJack
664b5317ac747
JosiahJackQuote
Acknowledged by 3 members: Nameless Voice, ThiefsieFool, fox
664b5317acb1e
KolyaQuote

Quote by fox:
the dismemberment-demo left me feeling uncomfortable

Yeah, that was like watching sausages being made.
Acknowledged by 2 members: fox, JosiahJack
664b5317acedf
OlfredQuote

Quote by Carrot:
Again, 2009 referenced a bunch of stuff from RtCW.  Where BJ and Deathshead both knew each other from their previous encounters.  It didn't seem like a reboot to me.
It rebooted the franchise. My point was that both mentioned games weren't remakes, thus they aren't a good reference when you actually do a remake.
If you want to nitpick about it not actually being a reboot, fine. Let's say it's not a reboot. That doesn't change the actual statement I said.
◀◀Page: 100/400▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact