SSR: System Shock Kickstarter

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 103/400▶▶
664bc72876a3c
ZanderatQuote

Quote by lgs:
I have an impression i'm the only person in this universe who likes the new art direction and where everything is going.
No, I  like it.  Some changes were necessary.  Let's hope that it is still recognizable as SS when released.
664bc72876d4f
OlfredQuote
I think it's not that most of the people dislike the new style. They are just upset that a remake was promised and now a reboot is happening. And many pledged on Kickstarter just to be let down afterwards.

Personally I wouldn't see it looks bad. I would say that what's currently shown is something between decent and good. They managed to capture the 80s style sci-fi and the overall tone. But the looks don't have anything in common with the original anymore.
664bc72876f12
foxQuote
Well, watching it a second time, it looks a bit better then what my first impression was but to me it still seems uninspired, generic and not on par with the the first demo at all. But most of all uninspired. Like that blood splattered children's play corner (or any of these blood splatters). All that did was to make me think "Right, Dead Space 2 had it, Bioshock had it...". It's supposed to look edgy and "hint" at horrific events but really just comes across like a bit of a cheap shot nowadays. Also, what the hell does a children's corner do on Citadel Station?

I don't know, maybe I'm being too harsh and unfair but the video just didn't do much for me.
Acknowledged by: JosiahJack
664bc72877053
icemannQuote
That's a fair comment, since Bioshock 2 and Bioshock had them.

My first thought was Bioshock 2 when I watched the video.
664bc72877199
lgsQuote
SS2 had plenty of blood splatters all over levels as well, it's a part of environmental storytelling and i don't see how it's a bad thing.
◀◀Page: 103/400▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact