SSR: System Shock Kickstarter

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 104/400▶▶
664b57c65507b
foxQuote
Yes, but it depends on the way it's done. Simply plastering the map with one of a handful of generic decals every couple of meters isn't inspired environmental storytelling, especially not with the level of visual detail that is possible nowadays. If anything that calls for subtler design, imo.
664b57c6553e6
OlfredQuote
Well, there are two ways of putting blood splatters into a scenery. Either you just plaster them all over and it looks like you send someone with parkinson and two buckets of red colour through the room. Or you put a little more effort into it and actually tell a little story with them, so people basically could detective the shit out of it, if they want to.
It really depends on the tone you want to set, which one is the prefered method.
From the video you can't really tell what they did. And as mentioned all they have right now is some kind of "quick mockup" to test playability and stuff. So I wouldn't judge about that right now.
664b57c6554b0
foxQuote
I really hope that they'll put great effort and passion into stuff like that. They have to, if they want to have any chance at recreating the magic of the LG-games.
664b57c6555b0
icemannQuote
I think this will be something all to itself. Recapturing that lightning in a bottle is next to impossible.
664b57c6556e8
voodoo47Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fSqFWcb4rE

I'm actually pretty ok with a full reboot, but I can imagine the purist/semi purist group not being too happy about the switch.
Acknowledged by: Join usss!
◀◀Page: 104/400▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact