6648ccbc3e984

6648ccbc3ee4b
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 special characters fonts
Page: « 1 2 [3] 4 ... 7 »
Read 45761 times  

6648ccbc3f49b
but no succes, the character is still there and the space key is not working so any spaces that I write are not appearing in the game, all the words are written together. this will be kinda hard to find

6648ccbc3f66fvoodoo47

6648ccbc3f6e9
still not quite sure what do you mean, but all I've got is "edit the bmp until it does what you want".
6648ccbc3f886
what I want to say is, every time I write a character in the subtitle file, when I open the save and check the character, another one takes place as all my characters are in the wrong position in the bmp file.

but some characters when I write in the subtitle to check, in the game instead of one character appearing, 2 characters appear. this is the problem

so for example if I write ( ] ) in the game appear as ( = )

but some characters as ( á ) in the game appear as ( úü)

what I don't know is why 2 characters appear instead of just one.

I'm doing some tests. hope it work as intended.

6648ccbc3f972voodoo47

6648ccbc3f9ae
it's because those two characters are actually just one in the bmp - the bmp doesn't care what's inside one particular purple square (I really should say rectangle), it can be úü, or úüallyourbasearebelongtous, if you set it that way the game will just display it.

so if you want to change úü into something else, look for úü in one rectangle in the bmp.
6648ccbc3faf7
yes the problem is, that there is no purple square in the bmp file with 2 characters that is strange except for (ae).

I just managed to change some characters ans they display right in the game but I wonder how will I be able to find the space key

[ ] and the thunder symbol as my keyboard is (brazilian abnt) so I don't have that symbol and I don't even know if that is important or not.

6648ccbc3fb97voodoo47

6648ccbc3fbe4
then the only explanation is that the subtitles use a different font file, one that you are not editing.
6648ccbc3fccf
oh just realized that the space is a pink rectangle more spaced XD the thunder symbol is still a mistery

6648ccbc3fd60voodoo47

6648ccbc3fdab
as I've said, just chew on it until you bite through. that's the only way.
6648ccbc3feae
hello, doing some tests I just realized that one character with an accent like (´á) for example can be put in a lot of positions, this is why some characters appear with 2 accents in the game.I guess I am almost finishing mainfont.bmp and then I can move to other files
6648ccbc3ffc9
and what I realized is that some pink rectangles positions are shared between lots os letters and accents and etc so if I put something there, always when I write characters with accents the character from that location will appear so this is why I have characters that when I write in the subtitle, in the game 2 other characters appear there.
6648ccbc400bb
and then there is always a position that is unique to that specific character in wich I will have to find, so it doesn't mess with other characters.
6648ccbc402d6
Hello again, I am here to thank you for the help, I just managed to modify the mainfont.bmp and made it to work in the game here is the image

https://imgur.com/6jFHeca

Now I just have to do this with all the other fonts files and the work will be dont :D and now I can fully translate the game.

just another question: can I remove the last lines that I'm not using or it will break the game if I do?

6648ccbc40783ZylonBane

6648ccbc407dd
the thing is, the guy found out that the game uses a font with the iso-8859 so these characters should work fine but they don't that is kinda weird
That should have been your first clue that the guy was wrong. SS2 doesn't use ISO 8859-1, it uses CP 850.

Attached is a full implementation of CP 850 for the monochrome fonts.

[fonts.7z expired]

6648ccbc408b6voodoo47

6648ccbc40907
if something works, don't fix it. also, your game is not up to date.
6648ccbc40a1b
I just managed to make it work, I just need to modify all the other font files. as I showed you in that image

and what do you say about my game not being up to date?

6648ccbc40ae0voodoo47

6648ccbc40b31
it means you are not running the latest GOG/steam build, or haven't patched up with SS2tool (recently), which is recommended especially if you are modding stuff.
6648ccbc40c45
another time I just checked the files through steam because I was messing with the font.crf and lost it so I had to get it again, I guess my game is updated, don't? and how do you know that my the game is not updated? just by the images you saw?
6648ccbc40d2a
so do I need to download something else or just redownloading from steam will work?

6648ccbc40df1voodoo47

6648ccbc40e42
patch up with the tool, ideally - that will update everything, install the modmanager for you etc.
6648ccbc40f41
ok so it is downloading a lot of stuff, the subtitles I will need to put under DMM/translation/subtitles folder right?
6648ccbc411d5
the tool downloaded everything, do I need to do anything else or it is already updated?
6648ccbc413d6
I tried moving the subtitles to the mod folder but it didn't worked, as the game files are all in different locations I don't even know wich files to translate or where are the files

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and ____!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Aborted project. Does nothing.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6648ccbc4154e