🔒 System Shock Enhanced Edition released on GOG

1 Guest is here.
66472f8b8e26a
MarvinQuote
So NightDive apparently does not want to ruin everything, who would have thought. 5 keys is really cheap of them, though.

To everyone who already bought it: How does the sound and music support work? As crappy as the original runs in DosBox, being able to use munt or setting one's own midi table is far better than the modern Microsoft General Midi standard one.

66472f8b8e5d2
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by Marvin:
As crappy as the original runs in DosBox, being able to use munt or setting one's own midi table is far better than the modern Microsoft General Midi standard.
The General MIDI standard was developed by the MIDI Manufacturers Association, not Microsoft.
66472f8b8e696
JQuote
Voodoo, I'm referring to a couple of tries to rebuild SS in a different engine like Black Mesa for Half Life, that were sent C&D letters by EA.
66472f8b8e7fb
MakoQuote
Just bought it, and haven't rebooted into Windows to try it out yet, but I notice there are two versions: "Enhanced" and "Classic." The latter has a substantially larger install size. Anyone know what's up with that?

Image: http://i.imgur.com/D5YObpP.png
66472f8b8ec35
Dj 127Quote

Quote by J:
Voodoo, I'm referring to a couple of tries to rebuild SS in a different engine like Black Mesa for Half Life, that were sent C&D letters by EA.

Even if they don't shut down such a remake, doing this with a modern engine will take a lot of time and won't be manageable without proper schedules. Black Mesa had a huge team of programmers, modelers and the like and were aided by some of Valve's developers themselves and it still took a lot of time, so I'm not too enthusiastic on such a remake working out.

Quote by Mako:
Just bought it, and haven't rebooted into Windows to try it out yet, but I notice there are two versions: "Enhanced" and "Classic." The latter has a substantially larger install size. Anyone know what's up with that?

Image: http://i.imgur.com/D5YObpP.png

It's because the Classic edition includes both the floppy and CD version.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact