SS2 earth dynamic/static newsky

1 Guest is here.
664810b75d325
ShinobiQuote
It's ok, managing perfectly fine now thanks to the great advice on here! I feel like such a newbie. Have been using this site for about 3 years and playing SS2 for 10, everytime I leave it for a year or two and come back, there's more great content (and even more modding methods lol) to be found.

Only still struggling with Vurt's mods, unfortunately.
664810b75d486
buddyQuote
I'm having trouble installing this mod. I started with a fresh install of GOG version SS2. I ran SStool5.0 with default settings and updated. Then I installed my mods. Reading this thread I have the clouds95.dds file in DataPermMods\FAM\skyhw\clouds95.dds.  I put enhanced_sky 1 in cam.cfg located in root folder. Didn't work. I tried every possible thing I could think of; I extracted the newsky folder in DataPermMods, I deleted the cam_mod.ini from DataPermMods, I deleted the cam_mod.ini from the root folder. I merged the two cam_mod.inis. I copied/moved/replaced the earth.mis.dml file, etc.

I don't even care about this mod. It's not like this is a map for a mission. I'm just walking across to the building lol.  I just want to make it work.
664810b75d55b
Drowning witchQuote
this is how i did it. added enhanced_sky 1 to cam.cfg in root folder. put cam_mod.ini in root folder.

put earth.mis.dml and FAM folder into datapermmod folder. voila, it works.

664810b75d638
buddyQuote
Ya I tried that. Didn't work.
664810b75d869
HikariQuote
Because i wanted a little wider public attention to the effort I uploaded the video to youtube, linked to the thread and credited the author (if i got the name wrong lemme know i'll change it.)

Just kindof didn't like the video only existing on a single site. After all some of the older material points to megaupload which is dead.
http://youtu.be/x4UmgonO45s

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact