6649d31a48dd0

6649d31a493ec
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Static model import/export for Wings3D Read 1069 times  

6649d31a49ae3
I don't know if there are any Wings users here, but hey. If you're considering getting into 3D modelling, this should be your first program.

This plug-in reads and writes Dark Engine static .bin models; the respective items become available in the import and export menus. The only requirement is Wings3D 1.5.3. This tool is for working with models that are strictly geometry. To create and edit models with advanced features, use the similar Blender addon or the conventional toolkit.

This topic is for feedback, update announcements and bug reports.

What can it do?
In addition to the obvious geometry and UV processing, the following is supported:
  • Import and export of material translucency and brightness settings
  • Export of sharp creases

What can't it do?
Wings has no matching facilities for the more sophisticated .bin features. Due to the way the software works, there's no support for:
  • Subobject hierarchies (everything is lumped together into a single object during both import and export)
  • Vhots
BSP sorting is not implemented yet, but it's planned.
Vertex colour support is neither implemented nor planned.

Where can I get it?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wingsthings/files/
The file you need is wpc_dark_bin-*.*.*.tgz.

How do I install it?
As you would any Wings plug-in: using File | Install Plug-In.

How do I set up materials for export?
The material name must be the same as the file name of the texture you need, such as brickwall017.png. The material's Opacity and Emission properties are mapped to their .bin counterparts. During export, translucency is inversely proportional to the specified Opacity value, and brightness is the mean of the three components of Emission. During import, these properties are set from the file.
« Last Edit: 14. October 2016, 19:53:37 by Moderator »
6649d31a49cc2
Update 0.2.20161013
  • The new export option Sort faces by saved selection helps control the polygon rendering order. For details, see Dealing with transparency on the help page.
  • General exporter speedup.
The plug-in was built and tested with Wings 2.0.5 and probably won't work with 1.5.*. Get with the times.
1 Guest is here.
Unless you're a sinner. You're not a sinner, right? Right?!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6649d31a49daa