6649e8dac0c05

6649e8dac19df
1 Guest is here.

Topic: How to edit weapon descriptions? Read 570 times  

6649e8dac1ff5
I experimented with the gamesys files and made a gamesys where none of the weapons require weapon skill requirements to use. Now, how do I edit the descriptive text for the weapons to reflect this change?
6649e8dac2380
Nevermind, I found out how to do it on my own. Alright, I will be releasing the edited gamesys now.

6649e8dac266cZylonBane

6649e8dac26d8
Nevermind, I found out how to do it on my own.
I assume you posted this so I could go back in time and tell myself to not bother answering your question.

6649e8dac29d1ThiefsieFool

6649e8dac2a27
Did you take into account the fact that all the guns will now deal a lot more damage since you normally get another 15% for each point you have over the minimum skill requirement and that requirement is now 0 instead of 3/6/etc, this almost doubles the damage that the AR and Fusion Cannon can do.
6649e8dac2cd9
Did you take into account the fact that all the guns will now deal a lot more damage since you normally get another 15% for each point you have over the minimum skill requirement and that requirement is now 0 instead of 3/6/etc, this almost doubles the damage that the AR and Fusion Cannon can do.

I didn't consider that. I thought the damage for all the weapons would be reduced if you fired them without weapon skills. Hmm, do you think you can fix that, or should I fix that?

6649e8dac2db6ThiefsieFool

6649e8dac2e04
It's easy enough to fix, just do the math and reduce the weapon's damage (the act/react stimulus on its projectiles) accordingly.
To do the math I'd "walk back" the damage increases that are going to happen when you increase skill, for instance for the rifle which can get its damage increased 6 times by 15% each, I'll take its 10 damage and divide it 6 times by 1.15 which gives me 4.32 as the new value. That value will go back up to the original 10 damage at max skill.
1 Guest is here.
toots: Term of endearment roughly equivalent to baby. Note: Only applicable if you live in a black and white movie.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6649e8dac2f18