🔒 SS2 minimod: Real Hybrid Shotgun

1 Guest is here.
664872cfe398d
ZylonBaneQuote
Any fix for this (very minor) issue that requires touching every single AI mod for it to not break horribly seems to me to be profoundly bletcherous.

A perfectly simple, self-contained fix would be to make shotguns just not show up as loot.
664872cfe3a6c
Yankee ClipperQuote
What happens when the corpse fades away? Does the shotgun still disappear, or is the terrain going to be littered with leftover shotguns?

Of the 2 video choices, I like the 2nd.
Acknowledged by: System Shocked
664872cfe3da1
voodoo47Quote
they get sweeped away upon level reload unless repaired, no change there.

Quote by ZylonBane:
Any fix for this (very minor) issue that requires touching every single AI mod for it to not break horribly seems to me to be profoundly bletcherous.
it's not just the hybrid shotgun - I believe that a (lootable) weapon shouldn't be part of the AI model, and if a detailattach can be made to work reliably, then it IS the way to go (would fix the Rebirth shotgun model bending problem, for example), and getting over the hump is worth it. and adding one more model/texture to Rebirth and Arcaniac pack is really a non-issue, it's not like we have tenths of AI packs floating out there.

if done right, it would also make dynamic weapon swapping very easy (want to change all shotgun hybrids to pistol or grenade launcher hybrids? you are just one dml away). same goes for world object mods - the modified model would be displayed on the AI properly.

also just for the record, the (community preferred) second setup (ripping out the shotty from hybrid's dead clutches) is way trickier than the fist one (drop upon death), so thanks for that, guys.
664872cfe3ed3
ZylonBaneQuote
If someone wants to do this in their own mod, fine. But imposing it across the board as a required change to every gamesys and shotgun grunt model? I kind of hate that. I kind of hate it a lot. It's using a nuke to kill a fly... that only works on flies that have been modified to be vulnerable to the nuke. Or something. This opposes all good principles of mod interoperabilty. Mods are supposed to play nicely with each other, not shove each other around with "Hey, now YOU all have to change to accommodate ME" demands. Mods like that can fuck off.
664872cfe413f
voodoo47Quote
at the moment, the questions are, can I make it work reliably? and if I can, will it play nice? once the answer to both question is YES, we can start thinking about whether to implement this as part of SCP, or as a standalone mod, or whatever.

I am almost sure I can make it work properly, and I can already tell that it would improve the visuals. we'll see.

Quote by ZylonBane:
Mods like that can fuck off.
mostly agreed, but sometimes there is just no other way around. Rebirth has already received significant updates to play nice with SCP. also, ALL replacement shotguns had to receive vhots so they would be SCP compatible.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact