🔒 SS2 minimod: Real Hybrid Shotgun

1 Guest is here.
6648932e63067
voodoo47Quote
ok, and the answer to the first question is "no, because a NVscript update is required to allow proper deployment of real shotguns onto sg hybrids that are already placed around the levels". but with the exception of this bit, things work as they should as far as I can tell, so there is no reason to not let everyone try it out - zips attached to the first post.

notes:
- all sg hybrids that are already placed around the levels will have their hands empty, but they will still function properly (shoot and kill you). type summon_obj OG-Shotgun into the console and hit enter to spawn a proper sg hybrid.
- the broken shotgun is not in the hybrid's inventory anymore (duh), but the single slug is still kept there for now.
- the Rebirth sg hybrid is really nice with this mod, all the weirdness of his original shotgun is resolved in a flash.
- the vanilla sg hybrid not as much, while the real shotgun definitely is a visual improvement, hiding his original shotgun by editing the texture produced a visible hole on the model. not a big deal, but it's noticeable. the good still overweights the bad, I think.

testing has been minimal, so any weirdness/bugs, love/hate, let me know.

//squashed a bug (hybrid shotgun frobability not surviving level change) and reupped the zips. whoever managed to get that one download is recommended to update.
6648932e63280
voodoo47Quote
with a bit of external help, I have managed to convert everything into a regular dml mod format (new zips attached to the first post). as far as I can tell, everything works properly (checked level transitions, saving and loading, and all the states the sg hybrid can end up in, all looks good).

there are things you should know about though;
-SCP is REQUIRED (a vanilla version might be doable with the setup from the first video, maybe later).
-had to disable the (orig) shotgun fading, there is just no way to synchronize it with everything in a sane way. that means you can litter the levels with broken shotguns if you are hell bent on it. this would probably be a problem with oldDark, but I'm very sure NewDark can take the potential punishment.
-the orig AI model will now have a hole in his hand. fixing this would require a custom sg hybrid model. send booze and hookers to RocketMan.
-tiny, barely noticeable texture artifacts around the place where the orig shotgun was. again, booze and hookers -> RocketMan.
-the hybrid shotgun is a small bit smaller than the player shotgun. pretty sure you wouldn't notice if I didn't mention it here.

now that I have probably managed to scare you away, let me also say this - it looks nice, especially with Rebirth installed. if you like Rebirth, you should definitely try this out. another nice boon is that the hybrids will wield actual Tacticool shotguns if you have the mod installed.

testers are welcome - if nothing bad pops up, I'll move this into the mods subforum later.
6648932e6333f
KillerBudgieQuote
I actually like this mod. It makes the Shotgun Hybrid look so much neater. Maybe this should be integrated into Beta 3
6648932e6347e
ZylonBaneQuote
Maybe it shouldn't.
6648932e6359e
voodoo47Quote
maybe if I manage to iron out all the rougher parts - currently, I'm not completely satisfied with how things work (while it is an overall improvement, it's not without drawbacks). will definitely need a shotgunless orig AI model for anything more serious than a minimod, if nothing else.

anyway, it should do fine as a standalone mod for the time being. also, good luck trying to change ZB's opinion.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact