🔒 SS2 minimod: Real Hybrid Shotgun

1 Guest is here.
6648993be6cc4
voodoo47Quote
no, it's only the vanilla model - the rest hold an actual something in their hands, and it's easy to make that something invisible by editing the texture. the vanilla AI is different - the shotgun stub is basically his giant (middle) finger, so if I edit the texture out, a hole will be left in his hand. also, a part of his bloodied head is mapped onto the tip of the shotgun, and that stays visible no matter what. so, to make this work properly/unbuggy, a model with the shotgun stub removed is needed.

so basically, cut away the shotgun stub, close the hole on his fist. joints should be preserved.
6648993be6e27
voodoo47Quote
ok, a test version of a different setup - this one will remove the shotgun from the hybrid once you loot it from the corpse. needs SCP (no Rebirth or Arcaniac for now).

//attach removed.
6648993be6f79
voodoo47Quote
ironed out some wrinkles, and fixed a nice fat bug - RC attached. also, I believe this setup (real shotgun in hand, removed once the gun is looted from the inventory) is closest to the original (non)setup, so unless a show stopping bug pops out, I intend to use it for the final/full version of the mod* (vanilla AI and Rebirth, Arcaniac already has a fully working addon that does the thing as properly as possible with the currently available resources). unless there are objections.

thorough testing would be appreciated, especially whether everything works properly after saving/loading/going through bulkheads.

*hopefully RocketMan will manage to fix up the vanilla AI model, it'd be really nice to have it in the final version.
6648993be72d2
RocketManQuote
I will try my best to do this tomorrow.
6648993be73cd
RocketManQuote
I had problems with the shotgun so I ended up just remodelling and retexturing it.  Don't worry it's still vanilla.  You might actually prefer the way I did it because the shotgun is a separate entity now.  In any case, the hand is closed just in case.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact