664a3eee61e04

664a3eee623af
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Outline for a new mod manager
Page: « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Read 9634 times  

664a3eee62b5fvoodoo47

664a3eee62bd7
You may want to upgrade to 2.42, voodoo. Because that is not what I read in cam_mod.ini (max path count is 63).
drat. took that from an unupdated SS2 install (I keep several for testing purposes). lemme fix that.
664a3eee62d8c
Quick update! After battling with a compression library for 3 days trying to get it to play nice, I have the mod manger unzipping a zip compressed file (note: not 7zip, yet) to current directory of the program. A couple more days and I may have a nice 0.0.0.0.0.0.1 version of it finished that works if the app is placed just right! :) Current hardship: drag and drop ability. Bigger pain than debugging OpenGL shaders  O_o

Edit: I did push this new code to Github (just need to grab the Quazip library I use to compile it)

664a3eee62e66bluemess

664a3eee62eb9
I didn't want to say anything before I actually pull it of, but since you post your progress I reveal it. I'm also trying to put together a little mod manager, but with slightly different approach. Despite the hype I went with wxWidgets (also my first approach to the library), not regretting it too much so far. For the moment I completely ditched the idea of managing archives, just a list of folders.
664a3eee6304e
 :proud:

One bit of info I cannot seen to find is how exactly do you control the the game whilst wearing the Rift? Joypad, M + K, options for both or by other means?

664a3eee630f3bluemess

664a3eee6313f
Join usss!: I don't get what you mean. Is this question regarding mod manager?
664a3eee6325e
I think Join usss meant for this to be in the thread about the Oculus Rift :P. My time with wxWidgets was certainly really nice, something with Qt's design/approach clicks for me more so I went with it. I certainly am interested in seeing how a wxWidgets version turns out.
664a3eee634d1
cam_mod.ini for testing purposes. The relevant line is the last one (mod_path DataTempMods+DataPermMods+patch_ext).

664a3eee63615bluemess

664a3eee63661
As I see it, when, e.g. you have 3 mods placed as follows:

DataPermMods\ModA\
DataPermMods\ModB\
DataPermMods\ModC\

Then mod manager would make this line:
Code: [Select]
mod_path DataTempMods+DataPermMods\ModA+DataPermMods\ModB+DataPermMods\ModC+patch_ext
ModA overrides ModB and ModC, and ModB overrides ModC. This order can be changed in MM.

DataTempMods works as before. DataPermMods no longer belongs in search patch itself, but only folders inside it.
664a3eee6376f
Actually I think it would be better if any mod manager used his own folder, say "DMM" (DataManagedMods).
If you put 3 mods in there and activated them all in the manager, the line should read:

mod_path DMM/ModA+DMM/ModB+DMM/ModC+DataTempMods+DataPermMods+patch_ext

664a3eee63821bluemess

664a3eee6386c
Little teaser. Not yet fully functional, but I'm pretty close to first beta release.
664a3eee6394b
Looking good. Will there be a mod version column?

664a3eee639e4bluemess

664a3eee63a2d
No, I don't see how that could work. However, you can manually include version in mod's folder name.
664a3eee63dc1
well the old modmanager read information from a mod.ini which was included with the mod folder.
Some mods still have them with it. I think shtup and adaob are one of them.

664a3eee63e8cbluemess

664a3eee63ed8
Those mod.ini files doesn't have clear version number info that could be displayed in a column, and not all mods have it. Reading those files by MM is not a priority at this point, and it's a little out of a scope of simple reading and arranging folder names.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

664a3eee63fbcbluemess

664a3eee64009
First release, for testing only. Not yet finished, put together quickly to work somehow. Use at your own discretion.

Put mods in "DMM" folder. Program is messing only with "cam_mod.ini" file.

Edit: New thread.
« Last Edit: 12. May 2013, 11:01:50 by bluemess »
664a3eee6411b
You've got upload rights now. I suggest to start a new thread for this mod manager in SS2 General and attach any files there in the first post.
664a3eee64216
Trying it out on a steam version patched with SS2Tool 5.1
For some odd reason i can't get the tacticool weapons to work, while SHTUP, Rebirth and Psi-Amp replacement works fine.
664a3eee64303
The Steam version is currently not compatible with SS2Tool or pretty much anything else here. Wait for Night Dive/Steam to release a game that is not broken.
664a3eee6485c
First release, for testing only. Not yet finished, put together quickly to work somehow. Use at your own discretion.

Put mods in "DMM" folder. Program is messing only with "mod.ini" file.

Download: SS2_NewMod_Manager_0.8_Alpha.7z
Very good, will try it out!
664a3eee649ab
Test build for v0.1

Will scan, install, and let you drag-n-drop mods. Currently does not support 7z compression though I am working on it. Place it in the base SS2 directory. Anything that needs to changed or added, let me know. In the meantime I will work at getting 7z(LZMA) support.

Download: http://ubuntuone.com/3bsxsTD3hCBbjrY0kZx5hn

664a3eee64a43bluemess

664a3eee64a97
At least those three are missing: libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll, libstdc++-6.dll, zlib1.dll.
664a3eee64ba8
Hm interesting... alright. Thought I removed the need for those first two. Guess not :S I'll toss those into the zip when I get home. Thanks.

So far in terms of libraries needed, I think your choice of wx was the smarter, blue :P

664a3eee64dc0bluemess

664a3eee64e0f
[...]
So far in terms of libraries needed, I think your choice of wx was the smarter, blue :P
But in terms of usage comfort I wouldn't be so sure about that :P, and you can always attach needed libs, so it's not that big of an issue.
1 Guest is here.
Kilroy was here.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a3eee64f09