SS2 Pistol Hybrid

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/26▶▶
6644b18489638
voodoo47Quote
Tags: °DML °mesh °SS2

This mod will automatically convert 35% of all pipe hybrids (existing and spawning) into pistol hybrids. Load the mod with the modmanager and activate, ideally before starting a new game.

- mod compatible with any SCP or vanilla mission, fan missions as well (activates automatically for all that are supported)
- default hybrid pistolification rate is 35% (can tweak the number easily, edit gamesys.dml, find FailChance="65", and set the value as you prefer - lower number means more pistol hybrids)
- hybrid pistol has muzzle flashes, and ejects brass (SCP and compatible)
- deals 3 points of damage per shot
- pistol hybrid has a 10% chance of spawning a 6 bullet clip as loot
- one bullet loot guaranteed
- lootable jammed pistol fully working (one potential issue here - if a mission is spawning a fresh pistol in some setup, that pistol now will be jammed. no way around this, and I'm 99% sure no SS2 mission, vanilla or otherwise, actually does this).

SS2tool patched SS2 install required (if you have patched your SS2 install before 14 march 2021, you need to run the tool in the update mode to get the latest NVscript). The Rebirth version also requires Rebirth to already be active. Secmod support is experimental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP7tSHOrDQE
6644b18489803
KolyaQuote
Can you make it so they have to reload? I don't mean an animation, just a fire pause and the according reload sound. Maybe some annoyed grunting on their part. That would be tops.
6644b184898ff
voodoo47Quote
uurgh, I think I could, but the amount of NVscripting involved would be.. substantial. also, not much sense in implementing, as there is almost no way the hybrid is managing to run out of the 12 bullet clip before getting killed.

similar issue with the shotgun hybrid, it technically has an infinite clip, but nobody really notices as there is pretty much no way the hybrid will live long enough for anyone to notice.

tiny symbiotic worms pushing a fresh bullet right into the chamber after every shot?
Acknowledged by: Kolya
6644b18489cad
unn_atroposQuote
How about the possibility that their pistol jams/breaks while they attack?
6644b18489dbe
voodoo47Quote
doable, but would have to implement it for the shotgun hybrids as well to not create a discrepancy. I don't think I want to go that way.

also yeah, doing the proper pistol firing sound via dml is going to be a pita and half. //that part was actually very easy.
Page: 1/26▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact