📌 DMM - Dark engine Mod Manager

1 Guest is here.
66486864c3f42
KolyaQuote
What a bunch of princesses.
One a side note, I may have to check my notes but I think I named the "DMM" folder for: Dynamic Mod Management. As opposed to the static mods you would just throw into the game and couldn't really remove after that.
Acknowledged by: RoSoDude
66486864c4619
New HorizonQuote

Quote by Marvin:
Feathers were ruffled (see TTLG thread), so added an "engine" to the title. Exe and stuff stays the same.

They were not ruffled, a few people simply pointed out it could be confusing...which is completely reasonable, and when you questioned whether it really was all that confusing I explained why it was.  I mean, I've been a member of TTLG for years and I don't want someone's project being skipped over because someone who doesn't use Dark Mod confused it as a project for TDM.  I wasn't tossing any angry emoji's or anything. 

Quote by Kolya:
What a bunch of princesses.

Gee, thanks Kolya.

66486864c4966
KolyaQuote
New Horizon I really like TDM but it is named in the most general and misleading terms possible. "The Dark Mod" doesn't use the Dark engine that Thief is built on, nor is it a "mod" since 8 years. "Dark Mod Manager" on the other hand is a perfectly reasonable description of its scope and what it does.
I understand that these things happen and initial names tend to stick. (After all Thief had its meaningless working title "The Dark Project" stuck on.) And yes, you've been there much longer.
Nevertheless, complaining about DMM because it uses two of the words correctly that TDM uses misleadingly and fabricating a potential confusion from that still seems kinda prissy to me. With all due respect.
66486864c4bb8
TwistQuote
He's "fabricating a potential confusion" over two completely different things where one is called "Dark Mod" and the other is/was called "Dark Mod Manager"? Really? Uh, okay.
66486864c4ea7
MarvinQuote
The less still said about this the better.
I'll be gone for a couple of months btw hope all goes well..

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact