66392c1a6914c
1 Guest is here.

Topic: [Obsolete] SS2 Morgwin's Portable QBR Machine
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 6 »
Read 11573 times  

66392c1a69882voodoo47

Re: SS2 Friendly Humans mod
66392c1a698f9
that looks like the Rebirth skin getting applied.

66392c1a699e8morgwin

66392c1a69a55
Thanks Voodoo, Is there anything i can do on my end?

66392c1a69b08voodoo47

66392c1a69b63
are you using Rebirth? if you do, disable it.

66392c1a69c02morgwin

66392c1a69c52
I use SHTUP-ND.

66392c1a69d45voodoo47

66392c1a69d96
that has no potential of affecting AIs. can you replicate the bug and make a save?

//I think it may be related to the way the gun is added to the model - it would be safer to use an orig model with a real detail attached gun. that would also make things compatible with Rebirth and Tacticool.
« Last Edit: 13. December 2015, 18:54:04 by voodoo47 »
66392c1a69ed6
It looks like a conflict of resources between Infinite and Rebirth.  :P I should probably test Rebirth one of these days.
Edit: I mean the wrong skin being used. I hex edited the 2 models now to use another.

Morgwin: try with this!
« Last Edit: 10. January 2015, 17:14:55 by xdiesp »
Acknowledged by: morgwin

66392c1a69f96voodoo47

66392c1a69fe7
yeah, custom resources having their own unique names is always a good idea.

also, a small part of the pistol is untextured (jorge).
66392c1a6a10f
I reuploaded the file with all of Zygo's textures, it should be in there somewhere. Probably the barrel of the pistol was using the same metal texture from the generic pipe.

66392c1a6a49eunn_atropos

66392c1a6a4f8
If this was System Shock 1 it would be turned into a feature, because it looks cool!
Like a test dummy, an Outcast hologram or a fencer from a 1980 scifi movie...

66392c1a6a613morgwin

66392c1a6a667
Thanks for the new version, it works great :), Is missing muzzle flash a engine issue? Edit: Answered my own question, turrets also have no muzzle flash, so it is the game itself.

and here's a trailer i threw together for your mod :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79JBrCWHj3M&list=UU0lVEyUl9uqB2hpdThEEfgw
66392c1a6a7e7
It's a great day for mankind!  :thumb:
66392c1a6a907
Well done! Sometimes the marines unleash their limit break, and rapid shot targets. You can have fun, if you become invisible with PSI and summon different kind of enemies against the marines (like Summon_obj Midwife, or Rumbler, or Maintenance).

66392c1a6a9c6morgwin

66392c1a6aa16
« Last Edit: 09. January 2015, 20:18:32 by morgwin »
66392c1a6ab7b
Since xdiesp fulfilled this request I turned it into a mod topic that complies with the standard of the SS2 mod board and moved it here.
@xdiesp: I had to create a new first post for this in your name. Feel free to change it of course. The attached FriendlyHumans.7z is the last version of your mod that you posted here. I set all versions that are not in the first post to expire in 14 days.
Re: SS2 Marines mod
66392c1a6ac72
Thank you, I uploaded the vanilla and SCP versions in the first post.

66392c1a6ad4cmorgwin

66392c1a6ad9e
A idea for a more realistic method of spawning in marines is perhaps a teleportation beacon. Basically you place one down and it will spawn in a couple marines over the course of a few seconds, after which time you can pick the beacon back up and wait for it to recharge before you can use it again (or have to use a recharge station).

66392c1a6ae63voodoo47

66392c1a6aeb3
spawn them in QBR machines after manually obtaining a sample from a dead body and putting it into QBR (remove the dead body upon resurrection).
Acknowledged by: Kolya
66392c1a6b005
My first choice were QBR machines, but they have the problem that the marines would only patrol in close proximity of them (they aren't even in all levels).

To be able and spawn them anywhere, I was thinking of a defibrillator gun. A teleport beacon is good too, there would even be the possibilities of spawning them Epona-style but it would take longer to make. The question, Morgwin, is how do you find the beacons and do they use some kind of limited ammo?
Acknowledged by: morgwin

66392c1a6b0f8morgwin

66392c1a6b14a
My initial idea with the beacon is the player starts with it (perhaps an emergency beacon given by the Navy, Marines etc in case of a large scale crisis), The limit could be that it needs time to recharge or you need to find a recharge station.  Also to solve the patrol issue, is it possible for them to follow the player?.
66392c1a6b7e6
My initial idea with the beacon is the player starts with it (perhaps an emergency beacon given by the Navy, Marines etc in case of a large scale crisis), The limit could be that it needs time to recharge or you need to find a recharge station.  Also to solve the patrol issue, is it possible for them to follow the player?.

I can only do so much with the modding tools! :( If the marines followed the player, that might solve the issue with the QBR machine (that marines would only patrol around it). But many QBR machines are in places the marines wouldn't be able to get out from, due to ladders or gravity shafts. Following the player might work better, if the marines were spawned by the tool: however there's limits to this as well (more on this later). Check for a second if you would like this kind of "tool":

The Portable QBR Machine
- Hybrids have a chance of dropping a "Quantum Entanglement Sample"
- Which is ammo for the Portable QBR Machine
- As for the looks of the gun... Can you reskin a custom model, maybe one of these in white with a red cross?

Another method that's lore compatible, maybe, is the annelid mode on the annelid weapons: maybe it's so specific, that it could actually cure a hybrid!  :awesome: I say we stick with the portable QBR though...

Now, again about the marines who follow the player... that I know of, there's the right way to do it, and the cheap way. But the right way requires extensive editing of each of the levels, so we have that. :paranoid: A more experienced modder might be able to fix it, though: technically, the issue I can't fix is that NPCs spawned from the gamesys won't be able to "AI Follow the Compass HUD" around the player. Those already placed in the level can, however: but those bastards will keep walking toward you at all times, disrespecting your personal space but more importantly walking (and disappearing!) through the wall you've hidden them behind while they wait to be spawned.

The cheap way is that marines track the sound of your steps, believing they are an enemy's. Ah! :thumb: They're a little less performant this way, however. Check this updated version of the mod, with the feature enabled (replaced patrol with follow).

66392c1a6b91avoodoo47

66392c1a6b96f
there is an AI signal response that will make AIs follow the player.
66392c1a6badb
I use that kind of system to animate the summoned Maries (who come out of PSI powers), but there's this conflict. Normally I would direct a trap's switchlink to them, and their Signal Response would eat the switchon signal.

But when I've got to contain everything in the gamesys, there's nothing to signal them with, so I use an alert signal: the Maries are hostile, and when they are alerted by your presence, instead they animate. The conflict is that an alerted marine, is already following you: the right and cheap ways at the same time. It's probably doable with a NVScript, but I don't know how.

66392c1a6bbcemorgwin

66392c1a6bc27
Hi,

I am not hugely familiar will the tool so forgive if i come up with an idea which isn't possibly or is very hard to do :).

The weapon in the top image looks the part  :thumb:

I just tested the following version, I actually quite like it. The only issue is they lag behind if you run ahead (perhaps there is a way for them to run as default?)

Thanks for keeping this updated xdiesp :)
66392c1a6bd5b
It's an effect of the cheap method used. :( Until that conflict it's solved, there's no other way. If you want, I can make you a version with both patrolling and follow... but I don't know how it would do. Maybe the marines would stop their patrolling and follow you, or maybe they would only follow you for 3 seconds and go back patrolling.
1 Guest is here.
Call 867-5309 (Jenny)
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66392c1a6be91