SS2 Vurt's Hi-Res Space Textures

1 Guest is here.
66490e5c805bf
ZylonBaneQuote
I still wish the nebulas didn't look so obviously fractal.
66490e5c809f4
RocketManQuote
A little late but here are some screens I took for you.  The software isn't set up properly to take skybox shots... it uses a cylindrical camera system, so I had one bitch of a time figuring out the view angles from altitude and azimuth to 90 degree spherical rots.  The angles are not perfect and the seams are not perfect but give or take about 10%, these are the "actual" real views from Tau Ceti.  This is EXACTLY what you would see if you were there.  There's a bit of a "fish eye" effect going on so although the images are rectangular the distortion from the center of the image outward is spherical, making the seams abruptly change angle at the borders.  I made the view such that the vantage point is in high orbit around Tau Ceti V.  The red dot in "North" is the sun.  I would recommend pasting over both the sun and the planet with better resolution suns and planets from internet images but to keep the proportions the same.  You'd also have to jazz it up in terms of colour and HDR stuff if it's too bland as is.  The modest resolution, I'm afraid, could not be helped but with stars you don't lose much as they're only dots.

Oh and for those wondering, that fuzzy band in the background of 4 of the images is not a nebula.  It's the milky way viewed from our vantage point, inside of it.
66490e5c80c4c
vurtQuote
Nice, i'll take a look :)

66490e5c80cf8
krist2Quote
thanks alot for the update :)
66490e5c80e70
voodoo47Quote
in case those textures will be used to make a "realistic" tau ceti hires space (would be awesome, btw), the same thing could be done for the earth space on station.mis - uploading and linking the earth image I've used before I lose it (again).

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6HbtMBk0pYzM0lpaTZpeXFWZ0k (hires, 16MB 7zipped)

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact