SS2 ImpyNickers RebirthSkins

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/8▶▶
663aa2c477025
ImpyNickersQuote
Tags: °texture °SS2

EDIT: Added Version 2
Created a quick  re-skin of CyberBlutch's Hybrid Face Texture (Shotgun, Pipe). It was a modification of his original work, which was more detailed but less like the original hybrid. I wanted to use his highly detailed models, but always felt like the aesthetic of the original game was sacrificed a bit. I feel this skin is a bit closer to what I wanted. I also colour matched the body, but haven't had time yet to modify it in any way. It was mainly the head I was interested in.
This is my first time texturing anything, so feedback/advice is encouraged.

Version 1

Version 2

Comparison:

663aa2c477289
KolyaQuote
Nice, just going by the screenshots I really like these. I attached the textures as a mod archive to your post and made you an uploader so you can manage your own attachments. I would propose splitting this off into its own thread, if you plan to make more textures.

Edit: I was a bit misled by you saying that you textured the pipe hybrid as the textures apply to the the other hybrids as well. See shotgun hybrid in the top left and bottom right of this screenshot.
663aa2c4773b1
voodoo47Quote
I would mess the faces up some more - to lessen the "army of clones" feeling.
663aa2c4774c0
ImpyNickersQuote
@Kolya
Funnily such is my inexperience that I didn't realize they used the same head. The game just flips them I guess. Just added  a colour corrected version of the shotgun body up top. Ill add it to the archive too.

@Voodoo47
I see what you mean. Im thinking on how creatively to do that while retaining some detail on the texture. The great benefit of the original system shock textures was that they could get away with a lot just by keeping things blurry. I loved how the original hybrid face was almost unidentifiable. Ill play around with things when I have time.
663aa2c477706
blaydes99Quote
I think your faces are a step in the right direction. I also don't care much for the rebirth faces and wish we could have more of that original feel. The original art is great because it's a blend of an expressful sad, creepy yet vacant face instead of the face of a brainless zombie, which really doesn't create the same effect at all.
Page: 1/8▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact