SS2 ImpyNickers RebirthSkins

1 Guest is here.
6649fc9a1b1e4
ImpyNickersQuote
Much more satisfied with version 2. Feels a little more detailed, though I am still nitpicky. Been trying to work on the human textures too, though I am finding it hard to hide everybody's chubby thigh's with textures. I know those are supposed to be pockets, but it looks like they got a ghetto booty.
6649fc9a1b5ea
RocketManQuote
I could be wrong but I don't see any eyeballs in v2.  The eye sockets are nicely bloodshot but I think the eyeballs should take up more real estate on the face and be a bit easier to discriminate.  Also the nose is a bit nicer in your rev1.  I'm not saying the nose should look pretty but the proportions seem more correct from the shots you took.
6649fc9a1b72e
ImpyNickersQuote
@Rocketman
I see what you mean about the eyeballs. They are there, but very very faint. I had trouble getting the eyes to look right. Certain tones that would show up when working on it would look completely different in the game and look wierd. Sometimes I just don't know how something is going to look until I boot it up. I guess I really need a better grasp of how the game treats textures. Its also hard to guess which way the texture bends around the model. Lots of trial and error since I am not using a model viewer or anything. I used cyberblutch's orginal textures as a kind of reference. Is there a easier way to go about this I am missing? Wish I knew more about this stuff.  I also have no background in art, just what is self taught. I just liked the idea of impacting the look of the game in an interesting way.
6649fc9a1b8ae
KolyaQuote
Textures often get distorted on a model by UV mapping (which stretches/contracts the texture over parts of the model). This may make it impossible to draw accurately in some areas without tocuhing the model, because the modeler set up UV mapping to fit his own texture.
If you don't want to get into this, then staying closely with the original placement of eyes and other features is the only option.
6649fc9a1b96f
IGNAQuote
Great man! Nice skins, it made the hybrids much more scarier. It would be nice if it would work also with the grenade hybrid. I can't wait for your human skins.

Again, good job!!!

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact