664cb7e963a3d

664cb7e964039
1 Guest is here.

Topic: System Shock remake and System Shock 3
Page: « 1 ... 9 [10] 11 ... 15 »
Read 21042 times  

664cb7e9649c7
So it's made of copper? When the damage isn't too big you can clean it. Start with regular warm water and a sponge or rag to clean the cola rest from it. Make sure not ti drown it. After that use steelwool or even better a fiberpen to remove the oxidation.

664cb7e964c93OmegaDEATH

664cb7e964d0a
So it's made of copper? When the damage isn't too big you can clean it. Start with regular warm water and a sponge or rag to clean the cola rest from it. Make sure not ti drown it. After that use steelwool or even better a fiberpen to remove the oxidation.

I tried that long ago the traces are too damaged so I need to make a new one.
Thanks anyway dude.
664cb7e964e57
Ah, just checked it out what kind of keyboard it is. (Was on smartphone before and don't like browsing with it that much.)
There are companies who print new foils for keyboard, I just don't know where you live so better look for it yourself.
Or if the damage isn't too bad and you wan't to repair it yourself you can get a conductive silver ink pen and redraw it yourself. But a pen like that would be around the same price as a replacement foil and I'll guess it wouldn't be as durable on the connecting parts.

664cb7e9650e4OmegaDEATH

664cb7e96513d
Ah, just checked it out what kind of keyboard it is. (Was on smartphone before and don't like browsing with it that much.)
There are companies who print new foils for keyboard, I just don't know where you live so better look for it yourself.
Or if the damage isn't too bad and you wan't to repair it yourself you can get a conductive silver ink pen and redraw it yourself. But a pen like that would be around the same price as a replacement foil and I'll guess it wouldn't be as durable on the connecting parts.

A friend said he can get me a nice solid sheet, all i need to do etch it.

664cb7e9651f0Drone-Dragon

664cb7e96527f
One of the key ingredients in SS3 actually being good, aside from a dash of salt, is if the publisher actually leaves the developer the frack alone.

Yes...I said frack.
664cb7e965563
It was the publishers who made Bioshock too easy. They said that they didn't want the game to encourage the player to kill the Little Sisters (i.e. if the game were seen to encourage the player to kill children then it would get a *lot* of bad publicity from people who didn't understand that the game wasn't encouraging you to do so, you were given the choice of killing them to make your survival easier (since if you kill them then you get more Adam, which you needed to help you through the game) or saving them and so gaining less Adam and so making your journey through Rapture harder), so they forced the game's developers to reward you for saving the Little Sisters, meaning that you now get almost as much Adam for saving them (when you take into account the gifts from Tenanbaum) as you do for harvesting them, plus Tenanbaum's gifts include things that you can't get if you harvest the Little Sisters. So they removed the moral choice from the game, basically, which weakened part of the game's atmosphere.

I don't know who's idea it was to put ammunition and money every where in Rapture, though. Part of a survival horror game is having to watch your ammunition count, otherwise it's not a survival horror, it's a shooter. Doom, Half-Life, Singularity, The Suffering, etc, all contain horror, and you can easily die in any of them, but they aren't survival horror (as such) because you always have enough ammunition to fight past/through any situation. And in Bioshock, the same was true, even though Bioshock's atmosphere cried out to be used for a survival horror. Instead, you quickly max out all of the ammunition, medical packs, EVE, and money that you can carry, and even though you can't max the Adam (I think, I've never tried), if you choose then you can end the game with some still to spare.

Bioshock 2 (a superb game, much better than the first Bioshock, or Bioshock: Infinite) fixed many of the flaws of the first game, but sadly not this. It's areas of Rapture are still littered with everything you need to destroy every enemy in the game. It's great if you see the game as a first person shooter, terrible if you want it to be a survival horror game.

664cb7e965a18Drone-Dragon

664cb7e965a6d
I don't know who's idea it was to put ammunition and money every where in Rapture, though. Part of a survival horror game is having to watch your ammunition count, otherwise it's not a survival horror, it's a shooter. Doom, Half-Life, Singularity, The Suffering, etc, all contain horror, and you can easily die in any of them, but they aren't survival horror (as such) because you always have enough ammunition to fight past/through any situation. And in Bioshock, the same was true, even though Bioshock's atmosphere cried out to be used for a survival horror. Instead, you quickly max out all of the ammunition, medical packs, EVE, and money that you can carry, and even though you can't max the Adam (I think, I've never tried), if you choose then you can end the game with some still to spare.

Bioshock 2 (a superb game, much better than the first Bioshock, or Bioshock: Infinite) fixed many of the flaws of the first game, but sadly not this. It's areas of Rapture are still littered with everything you need to destroy every enemy in the game. It's great if you see the game as a first person shooter, terrible if you want it to be a survival horror game.

Ironically this is also part of the problem with System Shock 2. Death needs to cost more nanites, certain enemies(I'm looking at you Rumblers) need to actually be able to hit you, you need to find less nanites, less health restoring items, less ammo, some weapons(I'm looking at you standard weapons and the laser pistol's overcharge) need to do less damage, med stations need to cost more nanites to heal, needs less anti-tox hypos, etc.

In other words the overall span between the different difficulty settings needs to be widened. :cyborg:
664cb7e965cf1
Warren Spector joins OtherSide Entertainment:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-02-17-warren-spector-joins-otherside-entertainment

I've loved working with students as Director of the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy in the University of Texas' Moody College of Communication," Spector said. "But when the opportunity to have a bigger role in bringing Underworld Ascendant to life, as well as playing in the System Shock universe once again, helping to bring these games to a 21st century audience, I just couldn't say no. Working on System Shock was one of the most fulfilling things I've done in my career and it's hard to describe how much I'm looking forward to sharing with players what SHODAN has been up to since the last game was released.
664cb7e965e40
Very interesting! Not impressed with anything he did after DX1 but him back at UU and SS feels good.
Acknowledged by: ThiefsieFool

664cb7e9660e5RocketMan

664cb7e966134
Kolya I think we need a "crying with delight" smiley!
664cb7e966889
Good. Otherside can use financial expertise.

664cb7e966993NeilHoward17

664cb7e9669dd
Call me a shameless fanboy, but Warren Spector's return to the form makes me think that the is a new validation on Underworld Accession and System Shock 3. He's got a good autonomy-based gameplay mindset.
664cb7e966aab
 How do you know if he's returning to form before you've seen his new work?  :/

664cb7e966cedNeilHoward17

664cb7e966d3a
How do you know if he's returning to form before you've seen his new work?  :/

Because I'm taking a break from my usual cynical scepticism and trying blind optimism for a change. Like all of you though, I just hope it's good. I hope it's really good.
Acknowledged by: Hikari

664cb7e966dd3RocketMan

664cb7e966e2a
Look at all the shit we never thought would happen... blind optimism is seeming less and less stupid every day.
Acknowledged by 2 members: icemann, Learonys
664cb7e967050
Look at all the shit we never thought would happen... blind optimism is seeming less and less stupid every day.
I don't know 'bout that but it's nice to get a glimmer of sunshine every once in a while.
664cb7e967130
Next thing, Peter Molyneux joins them and suddenly we play as shodan.
664cb7e96725e
Romero and Molyneux can do the multiplayer if they like but please, please keep them away from the singleplayer - and the money!!!

Edit: And the PR!
« Last Edit: 18. February 2016, 07:20:02 by fox »

664cb7e9678aeicemann

664cb7e967900

Thanks to Kickstarter for the most part though not entirely. Not that I'm complaining :).
664cb7e967bf9
Next thing, Peter Molyneux joins them and suddenly we play as shodan.

And adds eight years to the dev cycle...

664cb7e967ec5unn_atropos

664cb7e967f1f
...and after we clicked through to her last cube we sort of get nothing...
1 Guest is here.
You shake your head you can't believe the sickening stability of my life
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664cb7e968040