🔒 SSR System Shock Remake Feedback Request - Night Dive Studios

1 Guest is here.
664a599b9a5e8
Join2Quote
While SS2 would benefit from a remake I'd much prefer if they're doing another they do Ultima Underworld instead. It'd benefit from a remake more than SS2 in the same way SS1 would.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Marvin, Hikari
664a599b9a914
ThiefsieFoolQuote
I can see it happening... the Bioshock hype machine has wound down significantly but the desire and (greatly extended) fanbase is still there, I don't see why SS2 wouldn't get remade if there's a big enough gap until the next Bioshock* from 2K Marin, and judging from the total lack of news on that front, there probably will be.

* I am stoked for that one simply because I've played every single piece of Bioshock material available going all the way to the expansion DLC for 2 and Infinite and at this point I am deeply interested in just how shitty they can make these, it's becoming more a fascination and study than something enraging
664a599b9ad2d
MarvinQuote

Quote by voodoo47:
unless the SS1 remake bombs completely, a SS2 remake is pretty much guaranteed.
They had to go to Kickstarter for the relatively inexpensive SS1 remaster, I highly doubt they want to do SS2 and bite off more than they can chew. Cost and team size would explode.
664a599b9b101
AuroraQuote

Quote by Marvin:
http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/24/12007602/system-shock-kickstarter-campaign-rewards-screens-demo

- It's only called System Shock now...
- A demo will be available on launch of the KS campagin (hurray!)
- The KS box will look like this (ZB trigger warning: The grove count on the cover is dangerously high)

Why bandwagon on the stupid trend of recycling the first game's or film's title? Is the additional title or number dropped to pretend that it's something completely new, hoping that new audiences won't know or remember? All it's going to do is confuse people.
664a599b9b3a8
MarvinQuote

Quote by Aurora:
Is the additional title or number dropped to pretend that it's something completely new, hoping that new audiences won't know or remember?
Yes. Also, take into account this is coming to XBox One.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact