6647cb535ab04

6647cb535bcb9
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Z008MJ Bioshock mod Read 6310 times  

6647cb535c731
This is the Bioshock mod by "Z008MJ" as recovered by BroodingToast.

Thanks for downloading my mod pack. I hope you will enjoy it.

You have several different mods at once here to choose from. Below i will list what each does, when you have decided one, open the folder of that mod and check the readme there to know how to install, as well as to become aware of possible bugs i will inform you of.

These mods can affect archivements, this is random however, but if you care about archivements its better to get those before you install.

Balanced:

Info: Balances game to make the player have to use other tactics than cheap ones, like Drill + Winter Blast spamming or Hypnotise/Security Command all the time.

1. Splicers are weaker to fire
2. Spider Splicers are more resistant to "normal" damage and Drill damage
3. Brute Splicers are more resistant to "normal" damage and Drill damage
4. Big Daddies are more resistant to "normal" damage and Drill damage
5. Big Sisters are more resistant to "normal" damage and Drill damage
6. Alpha Series are more resistant to "normal" damage and Drill damage
7. Brute Splicers, Alpha Series, Big Daddies, and Big Sisters are affected by Hypnotise and Security Command for much shorter time
8. Father Wales is more resistant to "normal" damage and Drill damage
9. Father Wales is shocked, burning, and frozen fore mnuch shorter time
10. Looting gives less resources

CustomHard:

Info: Changes the game to be very hard yet different, some things are easier, other things insanely hard.

1. Bouncers have a little more health
2. Elite Bouncers have a lot more health
3. Rosies are more resistant to elemental attacks
4. Rosies are more likely to drop medhypos and eve hypos
5. Rumblers have a bit more health
6. Big Sisters have a lot more health
7. Alpha Big Daddies have a bit more health
8. Brute Splicers have more health
9. Delta is more resistant to bullets and "normal" attacks
10. Delta is more resistant to melee attacks
11. Delta have a bit more health
12. Plasmids drain a bit less eve
13. Electro Bolt stuns for longer
14. Incinerate does more damage
15. Splicers are frozen for longer
16. Items in Vendings Machines cost three times more, hacked items costs the default unhacked price.
17. Vending Machines have only one supply of each item, however items can have several units
18. El Ammo Bandito Sells more rare ammo earlier
19. Circus of Values no longer sells ammo
20. Circus of Values sells more snacks, drinks and food
21. Looting is less likely to give any items
22. Looting is less likely to give rare and lucrative loot when you do find loot
23. Looting gives less amounts of money and ammo when you find the aforementioned
24. Respawning at a Vita-Chamber permanently decreases your change of finding rare loot or loot at all
25. The game no longer increases the change of finding a resource you are low on when such is the case
26. Research goes faster
27. Locational zones for damage modified
28. Plasmids can be bought earlier most of the time
29. Most Gatherers Garden have supplies of Health and Eve Upgrades that cost twice as much but gives twice the increase
30. Sinclair has more health as an Alpha Seriers
31. Father Wales have more health
32. Hitting a blue zone when hacking a Vending Machine removes the free item you get from the buying list (random it seems)

CustomHardWithTK3Early:

Info: Just like CustomHard, but Telekinesis 3 can be bought earlier

1. Telekinesis 3 can be bought in Siren Alley and from there on
2. Plasmids drains less Eve

TK3EarlyOnly:

Info: Telekinesis 3 can be bought earlier.

1. Telekinesis 3 can be bought in Siren Alley and from there on

VeryEasy:

Info: Gives the player more Health and Eve without changing anything else, across all difficulties.

1. Delta have more Health

VeryHard:

Info: Makes every difficulty one step harder, Easy is like Normal, Normal is like Hard, and Hard is like how the Developers would have made a Very Hard Difficulty.

1. Delta takes more damage
2. Plasmids drains more Eve
3. All enemies have a little more health.
4. Looting gives less resources.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________

Credits:

Psikoticsilver: For extracting the main files used, saved a lot of time. Many thanks to him.
« Last Edit: 16. September 2016, 21:31:10 by Kolya »

6647cb535c87fBroodingToast

6647cb535c8d6
Glad I could help.

Honestly, if it werent for mods like this one I wouldn't have finished games like Dishonored or Human Revolution. Balancing is something seldomly cared for in AAA development, and it seems modders tend to be more obsesive about that sort of thing. And dedicated. Fortunately.

I actually have a question for anyone trying this one out. Does it work with Minerva's Den? Does it work with the remastered version?

6647cb535c9e8
Seems like it did something to the Remastered at least. The circus of value machines prices are jacked up. 94 dollars for a medkit.

But the game crashes a lot for me. Even unmodded. So I'll wait for some official patches before playing more.
6647cb535cb13
Did a bit more playing. Got to the first 2 Gatherer's Gardens and the prices and selection were unchanged.

Dropped all the files into steamapps\bioshock 2 remastered\contentbaked\pc.

A lot of enemies still had ammo loot on them.

Big Sister was pretty tanky. Needed 40 normal rivets, 12 heavy and like 160 machinegun bullets. Though it may just have been me being bad at aiming. :)

6647cb535cccf
Hi Archer,

So what...? Do you think it's harder with Z008Mj mod installed?
6647cb535cdb1
Nah not really. After hacking the circus machines the prices on medkits went down to 33 dollars. So it's pretty much vanilla.
6647cb535ceb2
Isn't the mod done by editing the .ini files? We could just edit it to our tastes if so.
6647cb535d1fa
Nah not really. After hacking the circus machines the prices on medkits went down to 33 dollars. So it's pretty much vanilla.

Ok, I see. But... what about enemy health an the other variables?
6647cb535d317
Tested damage on the first enemy (leadhead splicer) that you meet and it looked like it was the same. Like 45-40% of the leadheads health was taken off by each drill hit.
6647cb535d490
Much more than that I don't have the energy to test. Sorry.
6647cb535d5a2
I see now that splicer health, and drill damage isn't addressed in the changes anyway. :P
6647cb535d6a9
Yeah, I just read Readme file and saw that CostumHard, the one you said you are using, doesn't change splicer health.
6647cb535d7c8
Using the VeryHard custom set doesn't seem to change anything. In fact, looking at YouTube videos of BS2, it seems like VeryHard is easier! I'm wondering if the wrong files were packed in the VeryHard folder.

6647cb535da9bGrungyEmu

6647cb535db04
Isn't the mod done by editing the .ini files? We could just edit it to our tastes if so.

If anyone knows how to do this, I would greatly appreciate them letting me know. I'm looking to increase the difficulty beyond what CustomHard can give (seeing as how it's harder than VeryHard), and being able to edit the .ini files myself to find that sweet spot of challenge vs. difficulty would be much better than waiting for someone to bring out a mod pack for it.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, immortal ____? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
You could totally do it better
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6647cb535dc22