🔒 some retro hardware stuff

1 Guest is here.
6649df53ecb42
voodoo47Quote
they actually are installed, but the shortcuts are not placed on the desktop just yet - first round was mostly just the PCX2 stuff so I didn't need to have those handy.

not Doom though, 'cause that's either DOS or GZDoom, and this machine is not meant for that.
6649df53ecda5
OlfredQuote
Sound Cards I could offer. Creative CT5803, Creative CT4810 and Terratec TTP1.
If you want any of it just give me a call and I'll send it over.
(For you for free of course)
6649df53ed5a6
voodoo47Quote
you are not helping me control my hardware hoarding problem. anyway, thanks for the offer, but I'm pretty sure I won't be needing them right now. maybe I'll get back to the soundcard stuff later - in that case, I'll let you know.

//tested the msata ssd with msata->2.5 ide + 2.5 ide->3.5 ide adapters in a p4 based system and they work fine, so it looks like it's just the P3 ide controller not being compatible - that means the ide->sd adapter is there to stay, most likely. no matter - as mentioned, the solution is satisfactory. and if it ain't broke, don't fix it..
6649df53ed6b1
OlfredQuote
Yeah, too bad the terratec only has the Vortex (1) chip, the follow up model had the Vortex 2. That way it would have been a good alternative to the card you originally wanted.
6649df53ed775
voodoo47Quote
never been much of a sound geek, but as I'm expecting to have much more free time next year, maybe I'll start exploring this particular field as well - pretty sure it has some unusual and strange hardware as well.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact