🔒 some retro hardware stuff

1 Guest is here.
66499a2ebfd1d
voodoo47Quote
what can I say, a man's gotta have hobbies.
66499a2ebfef6
JDoranQuote
Using period authentic hardware for older PC games is something that never appealed to me, though I can understand why people do it. Some people (such as some of the regulars at Vogons are dedicated to it, and it must be fascinating to build an old (as regard it's parts) PC and then carefully choose and experiment with games, drivers, even changing a piece of hardware or two, to get as much performance as possible out of your circa 1998 (or whatever) PC.

Personally, I wasn't a PC gamer in the DOS years, and the (few) DOS games I want to run work fine with DOSBox (a great emulator). And luckily every Windows game I want to run can be made to run on modern systems, either on it's own or with an easily found patch. Then again, I'm using Windows 7, so it's not unlikely that when I upgrade to Windows 10 (bypassing 8/8.1) then some of my games might prove troublesome.
66499a2ebffb2
voodoo47Quote
it's about whatever makes you remember happy times again. might be an old computer, an old car, or pretty much anything else.
66499a2ec02aa
OlfredQuote
Some games run with more/better features on old hardware. Some interfaces or stuff which just died out, and aren't or not fully supported today.
For example, System Shock 2 gains an extra level if you run it under Windows 98 and under some very specific hardware.
66499a2ec0364
chickenheadQuote
Don't forget that the assets and graphics actually improve.

And if you have cancer it will be cured.

Older hardware is the digital embodiment of Jesus.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact