SS2 FM Blind Disposition v1.4.2

2 Guests are here.
Page: 1/32▶▶
6633da509e859
chuckles n chestnutsQuote
***Please note: If you downloaded 'Blind Disposition v1.4' on the 'Recreation Deck' Post, you need to download this one as it has been updated (see below version changes)***

********Blind Disposition v1.4.2 updates***********
-Fixed keycard slots properly displaying 'locked' position
-Minor fixes to some sound brushes and spawn triggers
-Made some very minor gameplay balances (adjusted item placement in some areas)
-fixed a conflicting off-map hollow brush with trigger trap entities in testnextlevel map that caused an environmental sound error
-Blind Disposition v1.4.2 download file is no longer 'pre-packaged' in one folder when unzipped (made very minor adjustement to the READ ME in the FM files to reflect this)

-v1.4.1 (some minor adjustments made)

********Blind Disposition v1.4.1 minor updates***********
-Adjusted some room brushes and made some very minor sound trap/trigger adjustments

********Blind Disposition v1.4 major updates*************
-All audio logs have proper pictures now as well as some containing more meaningful text in relation to player assistance
-Starting map has improved environmental color saturation as well as other minor changes (gives the atmosphere a more gritty-pollution look as intended)
-made ship intro cargo-bay area accessible from the start (along with some other changes)
-fixed scaling and placement on many objects (mainly trash cans)
-fixed hud interacting with objects that shouldn't be interacted with at all
-The 'good' robot in cargo bay will hold up longer and is now a stronger class bot
-BDGAC is replaced with something more fitting
-balanced many aspects of gameplay (some aspects are more difficult while others are more easy)
-Cameras are now searchable
-Quest PDA markers have been added for ALL essential (and some non-essential) objectives
-And a few surprises...

Enjoy!  :cyborg:

**********************Original Post Description Below********************************************

Hello, this is my first time posting and first day actually as a registered member of System Shock.org.  However I have been a fan of the System Shock universe for quite some time and have been dabbling in dromED for about the past 2 years or so.  In the attachment is my fan mission for System Shock 2 called 'Blind Disposition', the map took me a total of about 4 months to complete over the span of 2 years.  And I hope you enjoy it.  Below is the backstory for the mission also:

BLIND DISPOSITION

April 03, 2119, Earth...

5 years have passed since the incident that happened in the year of 2114 on the Von Braun and Rickenbacker and the government is still investigating the incident as well as researching annelid artifacts found during the incident.  Cybernetic implants have been legalized in some aspects of society such as for government and research personnel, and you happen to be one of those cybernetic enhanced researchers.
You are currently stationed on Earth in the Hydroponics Enrichment Facility for sustainable resources research and development (R&D) department and you are working alone as everyone else has left for a meeting and you stay behind to handle standard duties around the facility.  And all of a sudden your manager calls from the meeting and informs you to board a shuttle and take flight to the military research and exploration sub-ship classified as the UNN Rickenbacker-14500.

Your boss informs you its urgent as their department got notice from Corporate that the UNN based military ship had been doing experiments on some of the annelid hybrids and annelids themselves that were still under investigation from the Von Braun and Rickenbacker incident and they needed input from our department and you are the chosen representative.  Your manager informs you to check in at the docking bay front desk when you arrive and report to the R&D sector once you are cleared.  So without questioning the task at hand, you muster everything you can find around the facility for your journey that may prepare you (or not) and you board the shuttle for flight to the UNN Rickenbacker-14500....

Acknowledged by: callum13117
6633da509eaae
Join2Quote
Oh, new free Shock goodies. Sounds interesting, but I must ask about the gameplay, sim design etc: did you adhere to the standard vanilla design or have you tried something notably different or expansive, and if so can we have details? You've only given a plot synopsis. For example, how have you handled the design of the Rick? Copy-paste of vanilla Rick levels with tweaks, or exploration of entirely new areas of the ship, or?
Acknowledged by 2 members: Hikari, chuckles n chestnuts
6633da509ec79
chuckles n chestnutsQuote
I tried to stick with what makes System Shock 2 shine..choices and making you think, however there are action elements in it.  Not sure what you mean by 'notably different' though, as far as groundbreaking, no, as far as something new, yes.  This is my first Mission for System Shock 2, and it took me along time to finish and I did the best I could at any rate.  And I hope you enjoy it if you opt to play it. 

As far as details goes, I put some elements in my game that I didn't see in vanilla, however there are no custom audio logs or anything like that (in fact there are no audio logs) but the game has 2 endings (with the standard ending cinematic though since that is the only way to 'end the game' but you'll see if you play it) and I have play tested it using different classes and it is  something new and challenging I think.  And I hope you'll like it.

No, I did no copy-pasting whatsoever all maps were made from scratch.
Acknowledged by: Join usss!
6633da509edef
voodoo47Quote
now this is something we haven't seen in a while. be prepared - the FM will be played, dissected to the bone, and (very) honest feedback provided.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Hikari, chuckles n chestnuts
6633da509ef2f
voodoo47Quote
allright, first 15 minutes into the FM, here goes;

-pretty sure the maps were made with the oldDark editor. you really must like pain.
-the earth map is trying to load a non existent script module, allobj.osm. perhaps a typo?
-sound propagation and lighting problems here and there. not optimized?
-the security card (485, testnextlevel.mis) seem to be broken, it pops into the inventory and can't be used on the slots in any way (probably stopping player progress completely). lockid needs to be 0 to prevent this?
-no ambients, no music.
-no MFD goals.
-no audiologs? might not be a good idea in the SS2 universe.
-seems to be rather stealth oriented so far, maybe mention this in the readme.
-speaking of readme, do not encourage people to mess with their installs manually, please.

moving to Engineering, we'll be waiting for an update.
Page: 1/32▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact