SS2 FM Blind Disposition v1.4.2

1 Guest is here.
664716168ed9a
MarvinQuote

Quote by voodoo47:
now this is something we haven't seen in a while. be prepared - the FM will be played, dissected to the bone, and (very) honest feedback provided.
Would you say that your feedback is a... SHOCK to the SYSTEM?
664716168f23e
chuckles n chestnutsQuote

Quote by voodoo47:
allright, first 15 minutes into the FM, here goes;

-pretty sure the maps were made with the oldDark editor. you really must like pain.
-the earth map is trying to load a non existent script module, allobj.osm. perhaps a typo?
-sound propagation and lighting problems here and there. not optimized?
-the security card (485, testnextlevel.mis) seem to be broken, it pops into the inventory and can't be used on the slots in any way (probably stopping player progress completely).
-no ambients, no music.
-no MFD goals.
-no audiologs? might not be a good idea in the SS2 universe.
-seems to be rather stealth oriented so far, maybe mention this in the readme.
-speaking of readme, do not encourage people to mess with their installs manually, please.

moving to Engineering, we'll be waiting for an update.

Well, to answer some of your questions,

Firstly, there are two security cards in the first part of the ship, you should try using '485' on the door that you walked past in the beginning of the ship starting area.  That door has a security access card slot on it, and it does work.

No, I don't like pain, I am 1 person and I learned DromED from the bottom up as best as I could.

No, there are no MFD goals, think of it as a classic style FPS with elements that make you think what your next plan will be.

And as far as the 'allobj.osm' script trying to load, I have no idea what that is, I've never seen it and I have playtested and have ran this map in both the stock GOG.com version AND steam version of system shock and have never seen that error so excuse me for not noticing.

And as far as encouraging people, I have no idea what your trying to say, its almost like your upset, which I don't understand, I clearly have a disclaimer in my readme files so I don't know what your trying to insinuate there.

664716168f40c
voodoo47Quote
still, it's a slightly odd choice to make the cards an actual inventory item. it's also flawed as a mechanic - you pick up a security card, and it doesn't work on the (second) security door, as you need the other security card.

what I'm trying to say here that we have knowledge to share. ask around, and use it to make your FM better - updating to a NewDark editor and relighting the levels into 32bit would be a good start.
664716168f58c
chuckles n chestnutsQuote
Yes I agree with some of what you are saying and yes if I had the knowledge to implement the card function better (i.e. make them go to your mdf instead of inventory) I would but I didn't and I didn't know who to go to.  As I stated before I literally took this hobby on myself with no help other than painstakingly googling everything.   

I put alot of time and effort into it and yes I suppose I was and still am using the old dark engine.  I am merely using this as a platform so I can link my download for those who want to play it and I thought what better medium than system shock.org.  I like this site alot, it is where I got the majority of my resources from and it pains me to see the majority of posters on here  (on my thread so far) pretty much lashing out at me instead of giving my FM a chance (as of now its only been uploaded for less than a quarter of a day).  And some other person on here literally 5 minutes from the download time started questioning me like crazy.

I am about half tempted to delete my account on here (merley hours after creating it) and just upload my FM somewhere else...which I don't want to but if all I am seeing on here is critisizm without giving my FM a chance then thats what I'll do.
664716168f994
JDoranQuote

Quote by chuckles n chestnuts:
I am about half tempted to delete my account on here (merley hours after creating it) and just upload my FM somewhere else...which I don't want to but if all I am seeing on here is critisizm without giving my FM a chance then thats what I'll do.

Please don't do that, it's true that this is a small but dedicated community, and that you'll receive brutally honest criticism from some members, but it won't be meant cruelly or unfairly (well, one member is a sarcastic (and unfunny) git, but he's too useful to ban, unfortunately), and the feedback you'll receive here could help you improve both the mod and your modding knowledge and skills.

And wherever you go on the internet, you'll likely receive unreasonable and/or offensive posts once in a while - the occasional idiot 'bravely' posting offensive rubbish is the price we pay for freedom of speech. At least on here, since it's a hardcore System Shock 1 and 2 fansite, the members will be keen to help you improve the FM, rather than tear you down.

I can't try the mod at the moment (I'm working away from home, and don't have my desktop with me, just two consoles), but it's great to see another FM added to SS2's library.
Acknowledged by 4 members: ThiefsieFool, Colonel SFF, callum13117, chuckles n chestnuts

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact