🔒 GMDX: Deus Ex Mod.

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 136/297▶▶
6649e37eaea1e
voodoo47Quote

Quote by Join usss!:
I guess I could make doors ignore some weapon types
if it's doable, then I would suggest going for it - steel doors only breakable by explosives, wooden/tin by large melee weapons, rotten by anything sharp etc. if I remember correctly, it's really weird and inconsistent in vanilla, some doors that should be easy to break are nearly indestructible, some that look tough can be broken with knife (vanilla free clinic medbot door, if memory serves). would also give the crowbar some additional value.

Quote by Join usss!:
Still works, it's just less effective very intentionally. You could beat the whole game just doing this same tactic over and over, for the most part, and that's not good.  Not to mention this used to make NPCs go temporarily deaf: NPCs would not react to subsequent sound events for about 5 seconds after the previous, so you could fire the dart then literally run up behind them, jump up and down just to exaggerate, and then knock them out without them ever turning around. DX's AI was borderline broken in many respects.
interesting. will test some more, but I think you may have overdone it - I don't mind the deafness removed, or faster reactions, but no npc reaction unless the projectile lands right under their feet is not that great.
6649e37eaed06
Join2Quote
if it's doable, then I would suggest going for it - steel doors only breakable by explosives, wooden/tin by large melee weapons, rotten by anything sharp etc.

Nah, it's fine as-is. The system has realism in mind to some degree of course; the above rules do generally apply, but not always. Indeed it always was inconsistent, but it's not really a major issue. In Ultima Underworld you could even punch doors down barehanded :) More simulation, realism and consistency is of course always desirable, but the system works just fine as-is and is for the most part is balanced, it works great from my point of view. Could be better there's no denying, but I'm not interested in investing in making it so just for minor results when it already does its job to the extent myself and the original developers were satisfied with.

interesting. will test some more, but I think you may have overdone it - I don't mind the deafness removed, or faster reactions, but no npc reaction unless the projectile lands right under their feet is not that great.

Ah, you just want the sound event radius increased. Yeah I will do that,  I probably did overdo it.
6649e37eaee41
voodoo47Quote
yep - right now, it's very difficult to distract them with such projectiles. and some pure technical stuff - this grate opens into wall (NSF generator headquarters NYC basement waterway).
[badgrate.jpg expired]
Acknowledged by: Join usss!
6649e37eaefd2
voodoo47Quote
-Jock still has that weird thing going on with the first beer you buy for him being rejected, despite it being bough from the bartender as requested.
-if you don't talk to him, and complete this mission's main objective, he'll come to pick you up in the chopper, but if you tell him to wait, and go to the bar, he'll be there as well.
-also one hell of a mirror secret door Smuggler has going on, even a gep rocket won't budge it.
-the red explosive barrels in the base basement are explosive enough to knock down doors, but not explosive enough to destroy the triplaser emitters (or safe doors). their yellow brethren have no such problems.
-same goes for Paul, after blowing up the generator, he is supposed to be going in with his team at the other base, so he shouldn't be hanging around the subway station anymore.
6649e37eaf3ef
Join2Quote
Some cool new things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX0yienuEfI

Quote by voodoo47:
-Jock still has that weird thing going on with the first beer you buy for him being rejected, despite it being bough from the bartender as requested.
-if you don't talk to him, and complete this mission's main objective, he'll come to pick you up in the chopper, but if you tell him to wait, and go to the bar, he'll be there as well.
-also one hell of a mirror secret door Smuggler has going on, even a gep rocket won't budge it.
-same goes for Paul, after blowing up the generator, he is supposed to be going in with his team at the other base, so he shouldn't be hanging around the subway station anymore.

Will fix. Again all vanilla.

-the red explosive barrels in the base basement are explosive enough to knock down doors, but not explosive enough to destroy the triplaser emitters (or safe doors). their yellow brethren have no such problems.

Different explosive materials. Red = Weak explosion, Yellow = Strong Explosion. There's no further reasoning or documentation beyond that I'm afraid.
◀◀Page: 136/297▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact