🔒 GMDX: Deus Ex Mod.

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 135/297▶▶
663979999acb4
Join2Quote

Quote by voodoo47:
yeah, will play more, don't worry - it may not look it, but I mostly like what I see so far.

Acknowledged.

I'm sure I've already analyzed the tknife situation earlier - to make it short, it's either making them really plentiful (AI drops?) or fully retrievable. anything in between makes them completely worthless.

They are currently in-between your scale rather nicely I'd say, and I think that's where they should be: moderately rare (not too common, but more so than vanilla), and semi-retrievable (now bounces off the majority of actors and thus can be retrieved, but no retrieval from NPCs). Too plentiful would be highly questionable from a realism and consistency standpoint, the player can accept one or two sets of throwing knives found in New York, but if they are everywhere...and on the opposite end too rare would be too un-fun in having to hunt down every damn knife you ever throw if you have a ninja build as in vanilla.
663979999b061
voodoo47Quote
the tknife situation is one of those cases where my mind is pretty much set I'm afraid (almost sure my final conclusion after finishing this run will be situation is improved, but would take rare retrievable tknives over it any day). anyway;

-dogs are killed, rather than pacified, by trq darts (probably electrostun as well), blood and all.
-npcs freak out a bit too much if I just go around armed or carrying explosives.
-had a case of npc running into steel crates and breaking them (by running).
-the slight smoke effect on eject casings looks a bit off.
-the shaking generator under castle Clinton looks a bit ridiculous.
-fluorescent lights in the MJ12 water treatment base (the room with tknives and other goodies) selectable, but do nothing?
-faucet near Ford Schick interactive, but lacking the water effect.
-7 shotgun sabot rounds point blank to destroy a camera? something is off there.
663979999b578
Join2Quote

Quote by voodoo47:
-dogs are killed, rather than pacified, by trq darts (probably electrostun as well), blood and all

Another vanilla inconsistency, will fix.

-npcs freak out a bit too much if I just go around armed or carrying explosives.
-the shaking generator under castle Clinton looks a bit ridiculous.

Both already fixed in latest unreleased build.

-fluorescent lights in the MJ12 water treatment base (the room with tknives and other goodies) selectable, but do nothing?

Most likely vanilla. The hanging lights right? I'll disable their highlight.

-faucet near Ford Schick interactive, but lacking the water effect.

I do partake in a bit of plumbing every now and then for the sake of consistency, but usually only what is absolutely necessary, and this qualifies.

-7 shotgun sabot rounds point blank to destroy a camera? something is off there.

Yeah, your damage values. Fully modded/skilled and they break in 3 or so shots.

Thanks for the feedback.
663979999b752
voodoo47Quote
-carried objects tend to disappear/fall out of the level when trying to attach to ladder tops. mantle might be involved.
-some doors destroyable by weapons that shouldn't be capable of such a thing, while it's understandable that a (locked) wooden door can be opened with a crowbar (taking a while and making a lot of noise, of course), a baton or knife should be quite useless.
-npcs seem to be much less distracted by darts or knives landing near them, rendering my favorite tactic of throwing a knife into a wall and then baton the npc while they stare at the knife almost useless.
663979999bc1e
Join2Quote

Quote by voodoo47:
-some doors destroyable by weapons that shouldn't be capable of such a thing, while it's understandable that a (locked) wooden door can be opened with a crowbar (taking a while and making a lot of noise, of course), a baton or knife should be quite useless.

I guess I could make doors ignore some weapon types, but the general rule is if your weapon passes the damage threshold, can break just by smacking it. Deus Ex did always have notably more "gamey" systems than Shock 2 here and there, and that's fine imo, in moderation.

-npcs seem to be much less distracted by darts or knives landing near them, rendering my favorite tactic of throwing a knife into a wall and then baton the npc while they stare at the knife almost useless.

Still works, it's just less effective very intentionally. You could beat the whole game just doing this same tactic over and over, for the most part, and that's not good.  Not to mention this used to make NPCs go temporarily deaf: NPCs would not react to subsequent sound events for about 5 seconds after the previous, so you could throw the knife then literally run up behind them, jump up and down just to exaggerate, and then knock them out without them ever turning around. DX's AI was borderline broken in many respects.
◀◀Page: 135/297▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact