🔒 GMDX: Deus Ex Mod.

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 138/297▶▶
6649846d8bc79
Join2Quote
Not currently, but I think I have the solution and I'll get back to you on that next time I do some coding.
6649846d8c030
Join2Quote
Migrated discussion from engineering:

Quote by Olfred:
And I thought you had a modeller now.

Nah, not anymore. I was busy as hell at the time, we had a minor disagreement over the level of faithfulness of his latest models that were in the works, and then we just didn't talk after that. I'm not sure why I didn't try to reestablish contact since though, now that I think of it. I may send him a message.

I wouldn't mind modeling something, but getting it out and into the game is just a big hassle which holds me back (time constraints). Or actually, getting to the point of knowledge where and how to do it.

Yeah no worries, you're best served here. Shock has no other active modelers (not sure about Rocketman) and you're used to this import pipeline.
6649846d8c213
voodoo47Quote
the armor equip sound feels a bit off - would be better sounding more clothy, rather than electronicky. same with the enviro suit, probably.

also (if technically possible), maybe consider placing holstered large weapons on the AIs backs - an AI pulling a sniper rifle or flamethrover out of their assess when disturbed looks rather silly.

strength being a passive aug allows me to screw around with explosive barrels (and other heavy stuff) WAY too much with no (energy) repercussions. feels a bit cheap - completely removes the decision I had to make in vanilla: will I drag this barrel across the level to blow up a locked door, saving 2 picks but sacrificing most bio energy? now I'm like lol just let me throw a barrel at them. stack stuff to get to places? only sky is the limit now.

//remembered one annoyance of the first mission - if you give a gun to Gunther, he will run out and trip the laser alarm like an idiot if you didn't disable it beforehand. making him not do that in some smart way would be nice (even making the laser not react to him would be ok, as he can have an aug that makes him not detectable by laser).
6649846d8c626
Join2Quote

Quote by voodoo47:
also (if technically possible), maybe consider placing holstered large weapons on the AIs backs - an AI pulling a sniper rifle or flamethrover out of their assess when disturbed looks rather silly.

The simple fix to that is making NPCs with large weapons never holster their weapon, but I need to know which specific NPCs are holstering their weapons as generally most with big weapons don't already.

only sky is the limit now.

Indeed it is. As in Invisible War, any object is available to be power-thrown at all times, most notable in enhancing combat as if you see a nearby deco and need to reload or whatever, you can just grab it and throw it at an NPC, it's always an option. There's still drawbacks like JC dropping the held object when shot, and movement speed being reduced with heavy objects, and of course AI being tougher and smarter in general (just wait 'till you get late-game). C'mon, vanilla the aug was rarely used, now it gets used all the time providing you chose the aug and desire to use it often.

//remembered one annoyance of the first mission - if you give a gun to Gunther, he will run out and trip the laser alarm like an idiot if you didn't disable it beforehand. making him not do that in some smart way would be nice (even making the laser not react to him would be ok, as he can have an aug that makes him not detectable by laser).

Yeah, I'll probably just make the lasers ignore him as you suggest.
6649846d8c747
voodoo47Quote
discreetly disabling the lasers once Gunther is free would also work.

I was actually always using strenght a lot, especially in the first NY mission, where using explosives can save you a lot of tools and picks. will cost you quite a bit of energy though if you aren't smart with your pathing.

well, now you don't have to (be), I suppose.
◀◀Page: 138/297▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact