🔒 GMDX: Deus Ex Mod.

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 139/297▶▶
6649c1c01a0ec
Join2Quote
Yep, for better or worse. Like I said, I want it to drain energy. I'd make it drain a bit energy whenever you power-throw something, but currently that is not an option as it'd throw the balance between it and the rival aug off. The rival aug itself not being suited to drain energy in use because of the nature of its function (faster weapon swap speed etc).
But maybe I could take another look at those choices and try to figure something out.

Just let me throw a barrel at it!
6649c1c01a234
voodoo47Quote
cleaner bots still producing odd (bullet hit?) sounds when stepped on.

also lighting freaking out on some of the hires objects (barrels), but I'm guessing that's nothing you could fix.
6649c1c01a36d
Join2Quote
The pulsating lighting bug on certain objects can be fixed, often by tweaking lighting or moving the object, providing it isn't happening during conversation as conversation events spawn in a light  between the convo participants which has the potential to freak out any object anywhere, since convos can happen anywhere (e.g Paul running toward JC to talk on Lib Island).

Edit: given that you noticed the problem on the hi-res barrels, this could be LOD issues and not the pulsating light bug. HDTP's barrels do have LOD issues and yeah I can't do anything about it unless I get a modeller, or I can just revert to the vanilla models as a last resort.

cleaner bots still producing odd (bullet hit?) sounds when stepped on.

Yeah it uses the bullethit sound. There was a hell of a lot of duplicated/recycled sounds vanilla. I'll see if there is an appropriate replacement.
6649c1c01a463
Join2Quote
I'm considering getting rid of that conversation light now, it is a bit odd and problematic for the reason described above, but I don't know the developer's reasoning as to why they did it in the first place. Obviously if we're in complete darkness the conversation should probably be lit up, but maybe there's other reasons for it since there never actually is conversations taking place in complete darkness in Deus Ex.
What I could do is only spawn the light if it actually is dark, by checking the player's light levels. Notable testing will be required either way.
6649c1c01a591
voodoo47Quote
not sure what do you mean.

anyway, saving while crouched and reloading will make you stand up, can be slightly annoying sometimes.

//snapping to the future for a bit - the last dialogue you have with the smuggler determines whether he's caught or not (with "relax, no one followed me" getting him locked up). would be much better if that would have been determined by whether the player actually has been followed.

one oddity - you actually can't use other terminals at UNATCO hq to log into your account. any kind of organisation would normally have the network set up so that everyone would be able to use their account from anywhere.

//and confirming, some unification between door destroyability would be in order. seeing a wooden door being destroyable, jump into the next room and another door of the same kind is indestructible because it's quest related. making sure such quest doors are always visibly reinforced would be nice.
◀◀Page: 139/297▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact