🔒 GMDX: Deus Ex Mod.

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 140/297▶▶
6649e38a7e431
Join2Quote
not sure what do you mean.

Whenever you enter a conversation a light is spawned between yourself and the NPC. I was considering getting rid of it, but whatever, it's fine as it is.

anyway, saving while crouched and reloading will make you stand up, can be slightly annoying sometimes.

May look into fixing.

//snapping to the future for a bit - the last dialogue you have with the smuggler determines whether he's caught or not (with "relax, no one followed me" getting him locked up). would be much better if that would have been determined by whether the player actually has been followed.

It's a dialogue option so I cannot do anything for it short of removing that option.

//and confirming, some unification between door destroyability would be in order. seeing a wooden door being destroyable, jump into the next room and another door of the same kind is indestructible because it's quest related. making sure such quest doors are always visibly reinforced would be nice.

Lots of inconsistencies. It's not often a wooden door is unbreakable though. Which one in particular?
6649e38a7e6e3
voodoo47Quote
will keep an eye out, and make a list - pretty sure I've already seen a couple.

note to self - check whether the prison escape mission is skippable, same for the illuminati part later.

//ok, here's a few;
-Osgood and son main door. definitely doesn't look like something that should withstand a gep rocket. quite obvious as right behind them is another door of the same type, perfectly destroyable.
-'Ton main door. wooden, yet explosives do nothing.

basically, I would like to see something like wooden doors being destroyable by explosives and large melee weapons, steel doors just by explosives, and reinforced steel doors indestructible. and this being consistent throughout the entire game - if the quests demand indestructible doors somewhere, reinforced steel doors should be used, not just any door with the indestructible flag set.

//and small boxes like the one from the screenshot. to make it simple, if something is indestructible, there better be a good reason for that, and it should actually look like it could take a rocket.
[tinybox.jpg expired]
6649e38a7e7bf
Join2Quote
Alright, I appreciate that. I guess some tweaking would be for the better.  It does fall under the scope of the mod in terms of the type of work it is, after all, and I usually go deep into the details as you may have noticed so this probably deserves the same.
6649e38a7e916
voodoo47Quote
-confirming the too small radius on AIs hearing tknives landing near them, almost non existent.
-glass in laguardia barracks window is almost invisible.
-awful hitbox on the chopper, will absorb shots that would not hit it even remotely.

-strength aug definitely feels too cheap when combined with heavy weapons - kills the movement penalty like lol whatever. would strongly recommend either making it active again, or something else, but passive just doesn't work for me.
-quick idea: allow placed mine disarm only on demolitions trained and up.

-terminals requiring different hack skill levels, plus the extra softs: interesting, but not sure whether I like it yet. considering the blandness and uninterestingness of orig hacking, probably thumbs up.
-definitely less loot around. might not be liked by non veteran players.
[hitchoppa.jpg expired]
[invisoglass.jpg expired]
6649e38a7ed45
Join2Quote

Quote by voodoo47:
-awful hitbox on the chopper, will absorb shots that would not hit it even remotely.

Can't really do anything about that because of unreal engine collision cylinders and that choppers are dynamic/change location.

-strength aug definitel feels too cheap when combined with heavy weapons - kills the movement penalty like lol whatever. would strongly recommend either making it active again, or something else, but passive just doesn't work for me.

We'll probably have to agree to disagree. To me, making something that was barely used vanilla/just to manipulate boxes into something that plays a new core fun role in the gameplay if chosen, without disrupting balance (arguably, if you please) is a good thing. 

-quick idea: allow placed mine disarm only on demolitions trained and up.

Gamey restriction for something that doesn't demand it. Demolition skill already has a lot of neat changes to ensure it is a worthwhile investment anyway, again without disrupting balance.

-definitely less loot around. might not be liked by non veteran players.

There's still an absolute shitload. Just slightly less ammo to encourage diverse tactics rather than spamming the same gun. There was nearly Bioshock levels of ammo availability. Could add some ammo exclusive to easy though I guess.
◀◀Page: 140/297▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact