[Obsolete] SS2 Community Patch (SCP) Beta 4

1 Guest is here.
6649354e2e980
Mr. DeathQuote
Quick question.

Is there any downside to not using SHTUP w/ SCP?

Like is there anything that won't work/appear correctly in SCP without SHTUP?

I like to keep the visuals as close to vanilla as possible. Plus I'm currently playing on a dinosaur PC, & it seems like when I have SHTUP installed my game stutters/hitches a lot.

Thanks for the amazing work you guys have done on SCP :thumb:
6649354e2ebdc
voodoo47Quote
things will not break, but some visuals may be/won't be correct, so this is not recommended. must be something really ancient as SHTUP has pretty much zero impact on performance - maybe consider some upgrade, those old rustpiles can be spruced up easily with trashbin parts.
6649354e2ece7
ZylonBaneQuote
What visuals won't be correct?
6649354e2edde
voodoo47Quote
a few vanilla tech textures have a bunch of flaws, like not being completely black where they should be, or have/don't have outlines where they shouldn't/should, pretty sure there are some palette/transparency issues going on and stuff like that. as mentioned, nothing too terrible, but still, I literally can't imagine playing the game without SHTUP, the one mod that everyone should use at all times.

it's like cookies and milk, you certainly can eat cookies just like that and you won't die, but seriously no milk wtf man?
6649354e2eebc
ZylonBaneQuote
I think SCP fixes at least the worst of those. I'll admit we haven't been very consistent about it. The lines get pretty blurry (both metaphorically and literally).

Also I'm surprised nobody has commented on the header image. Anyone notice anything... different?

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact