6634c2a909dce
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 Straylight ADaOB v0.3.0
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 35 »
Read 501384 times  

6634c2a90a314V-Raptor

Re: SS2 Straylight ADaoB v0.2.7
6634c2a90a37b
I have installed ADaoB on 2.3 patched game, nothing more.
6634c2a90a79d
Hmm, the last version of ADaoB worked fine for me (0.2.6), but for some reason, my recycler stopped working entirely when I installed this new version.  If I uninstall it, it works again, so it's definitely this mod causing it.  Anybody else having that problem?
Please start a new game. The new script module by NamelessVoice won't get loaded into old saves.

6634c2a90a862Digital Hitman

6634c2a90a8b4
I have a suggestion about the dead bodys around the Von Brawn  :dropsdead:

It always kinda got me mad when you look at the dead bodys
and some don't look like them (for example Melanie Bronson looks
like Delacroix)

6634c2a90aa2dmiracle.flame

6634c2a90aa7f
And the suggestion is....??
You want "Anomalies, Discrepancies, and outright Bugs" to add several new models according to pics in PDA?
...quite a challenge...indeed nice I must say, really

6634c2a90ab75ZylonBane

6634c2a90ac15
I think Digital Hitman is just trying to come up with excuses to post in every single thread.

6634c2a90ad49Digital Hitman

6634c2a90ada1
whoops sorry I put this in the wrong mod post
if you can delete these messages

6634c2a90aeedmiracle.flame

6634c2a90af48
But the idea is really interesting. If there is some active modeller who could make models for the whole ship's staff I know how to associate them with respective bodies on the maps. There is also one hybrid on one hydro level that should resemble Turnbull.
Piece a' cake project huh...

Update: Maybe TTLG would be a better place to spread the word.
« Last Edit: 24. January 2008, 07:48:46 by miracle.freak »
Re: SS2 Straylight ADaoB v0.2.8
6634c2a90b051
Updated to version 0.2.8. See first post.

6634c2a90b37dRainalkar

6634c2a90b3d4
The standard of SS2 just got better - what is there to say but praise the modmakers :thumbwink:
6634c2a90b5b3
First off: I love this mod/fix/whatever you want to call it. The latest version has only made it even more awesome... (the slide on the pistol and the shells that stay on the floor for awhile are really cool.)

...except for one thing. Maybe it's just me and my computer (since no one else has mentioned this), but using psi pull now makes my game crash during level loading. Kinetic redirection works the way it's supposed to when I use it but, as soon as I try to leave a level, the game crashes during loading. Took me a number of hours to isolate why my game would sometimes crash and other times wouldn't, but psi pull seems to be the culprit.

I can get around this bug by saving it before leaving a level, restarting the game, and then continuing on but...

6634c2a90b688Rainalkar

6634c2a90b6e7
I don't understand. The game crashes when you are trying to go into another deck/area IF you used Psi pull on the current deck/area?

6634c2a90b7a4miracle.flame

6634c2a90b7f2
Tested and confirming the bug..
Using Psi Pull causes CTD when loading next level afterwards.

Till fix comes out here's the workaround:
Save your game just before entering next level, quit the game completely, load your game and proceed.
« Last Edit: 15. April 2008, 23:17:10 by miracle.freak »

6634c2a90b90bNameless Voice

6634c2a90b964
I don't have time to look into this right now, but I'll try to take a look when I do.
6634c2a90ba98
I don't think that this has anything to do with psi pull since I'm also having these crashes with ADaoB and I'm not using psi pull.

The game randomly crashes when loading save games or during bulk transfers.
Sometimes everything is screwed and the game _always_ crashes when trying to go through a bulk transfer. The only workaround then is to completely uninstall the mod.

It also seems to  be pretty random when the game crashes. I cannot isolate this to any actions I'm doing in the game.
6634c2a90bd17
I have the same issue as Eddy.
When loading new areas (bulkheads, elevator and so on) it crashes randomly to desktop, showing the infamous "do you want to send.." window.
Been trying to figure out why but still not sure, seems completly intermittant.
when it happens its always at ~10%-15% of the progessbar during loads.

Solution that works 80% of the time:
Save before triggering new area loads, if it crashes, restart and reload and try again.

Sometimes it keeps crashing even after this reload solution, even if i try it several times in a row.
Then i have a number of potential fixes:
Computer reboot helped a few time but not allways.
Shuting down and going to bed helped a few times aswell, when i tried it the day after it worked.
Reloading an older save from another area, and changing level in this save, then reloading again to faulty position some times works.
One time i even had to reload an older save from a diffrent area and play all over from that one, ignoring my "bugged" save.

Never completed the game back in the days but allways loved it, now is the time to complete it! :)
(currently at command deck hacking simu stations after Shodans little mind trick)

Getting pretty annoying as you migth understand, all is related to ADaB 2.8, uninstalling solved the issue. (using MM)
Currently running the following mods, loaded in below order using Zombies MM after SS2 tools been used on a HOTU download.
Rebirth Beta 01- complemented
SHUTP Beta 6
ADaB Beta 0.2.8
PSI-amp V2
Mute security camera bleeps
Rebirth midwife skin
Sylo command deck fix
tc_pistol_adaob028-compatible_v1

Unloading just ADaB solves the issue.
But i really do want to use this incredible mod!
This is the only issue i have in SS2 everything else, ingame movies and so on works flawlessly after a day of forum trolling :)

Im hoping for assistance here..

Big thanks for an excellent community and best regards from Sweden! 8)
Zoc

6634c2a90be48miracle.flame

6634c2a90be99
as it is uncertain when the new version comes out that could fix it I've taken some changes back to provide a temporary could be fix.

Version1:
those fixes won't work anymore if you use this...
   - player's weapon becomes invisibile when using Psi Invisibilty
   - Psi Burnout no longer wastes your psi points when you have that anti-burnout trait
   - fix to stop the security system breaking and security cameras being permanently offline if you hack security, save, and reload

i don't have time to test myself but hopefully it will stop most crashes introduced by latest ADaoB.
Test and report.

EDIT:
Temporarily down... Try NV's conveniet fix below!
« Last Edit: 06. May 2008, 18:47:24 by miracle.freak »
6634c2a90c02d
So far it seems the "fix" took care of all my crashes; I made it all the way to Hydroponics with no problems, despite using psi pull a few times.

Also, I personally only ever had it crash when using psi pull. As for the save and quit trick not working... the only time that didn't work is if I had psi pull still running when I saved it; if I reloaded a game that had psi pull still running, the game would still crash.

The mods I have running are:
High Resolution Multiplayer Models
Ravenlord's new Fusion Cannon
Ravenlord's new Grenade Launcher
Rebirth Beta 01 - Complemented Version
SHTUP Beta 6
Arcaniac Pipe Wrench
PSI-Amp V2
Kolya's Crosshairs: Zooming | Blue
Anomalies, Discrepancies, and outright Bugs (Beta 0.2.8)
tacticool_shotgun_replacement_v1
tc_pistol_adaob028-compatible_v1

It's probably worth noting that none of these mods conflict with each other except for the tc_pistol and the ADaoB mod.
6634c2a90c11b
Thanks a lot, that fixed the crashes for me!

6634c2a90c1e6Nameless Voice

6634c2a90c23b
I've made a patch for this bug.
It's not particularly clean - I should go through the code again and redo it properly - but it seems to work.
Can someone please confirm this?

Just replace the version of NVScript.osm used in ADaoB v0.2.8 with the attached one.

[Attachment expired.]
« Last Edit: 19. February 2016, 02:12:05 by Nameless Voice »

6634c2a90c34dNameless Voice

6634c2a90c39c
Has anyone had a chance to test this?
6634c2a90c5f5
Sorry for the late reply. I decided to be thorough and started a single player game and a co-op game. We just finished our co-op game with no major problems. I tried testing all the things that were most recently implemented and here's what I found:

- fixed a bug where player would spill casings while hacked turret was firing by moving the pistol casings up in the projectile hierarchy
This was fine, although at one point a rocket turret got stuck firing at something (I believe it was firing at another turret, but the turret had already been destroyed) and I noticed I was chucking empty grenade canisters all over the place. It was kinda funny actually. "Have you been firing grenades around here?" "Nope." "Then where the h-" *Tink-tink-tink...* "... oh. It's me."

- player's weapon becomes invisible when using Psi Invisibility
This didn't happen.

Otherwise it worked just fine. Thanks Nameless Voice

6634c2a90c6c7miracle.flame

6634c2a90c717
Thanks for report, I will fix that grenade spilling in next version.
I have to confirm that neither I was able to get that invisible weapn feature although I was not even sure what to look for. I've expected my weapon in hand to become semi-trasparent but that did not happen.

6634c2a90cbebNameless Voice

6634c2a90cc43
Hmm, the last version of ADaoB worked fine for me (0.2.6), but for some reason, my recycler stopped working entirely when I installed this new version.  If I uninstall it, it works again, so it's definitely this mod causing it.  Anybody else having that problem?
Please start a new game. The new script module by NamelessVoice won't get loaded into old saves.

Apparently you can load the script module into an existing name using the console, but you'll need to do it on every level that you've visted prior to installing the new version of ADaOB.
Use shift+; to open the console, and type "script_load nvscript" (without the quotes).
Re: SS2 Straylight ADaoB v0.2.9
6634c2a90cd3e
Updated to version 0.29. See first post for fixes, feats and download links.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

____ at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
2 Guests are here.
I leave you to puzzle that out......!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6634c2a90ce9c