🔒 ✅ No speech in audio logs / emails!

2 Guests are here.
Page: 1/2▶▶
663605f406b90
LaylitQuote
Hi everyone, i need help with System Shock 2. The in game sound basicly works, but i can't hear any speech from the audio logs / emails. i've followed all the instruction to get this game to work, but as i said, still no speech output.  :weird:

I've played with the eax and balance bar in the option menue, as well with the channels (4 to 16) but still no result. I would very much like to play the game but with such issues, it's just no fun!

Please help me :thumbwink:
663605f406d89
Nameless VoiceQuote
What is the source of your game?  It sounds like you're playing the HotU version and haven't extracted the sounds.

Audio log speech files are kept in data/res/snd2.crf - check that the file exists and is of the appropriate size.
663605f406e77
LaylitQuote
i have done this and the file also exists. i opened the file with WinRAR, the sounds are all available. But they do not work in the game. it almost seems as if the game just does not open the sounds or is unable to play them. :confused:
663605f406f21
Nameless VoiceQuote
English version?  Check that the speech files' language and the language in install.cfg match.
663605f406ff8
LaylitQuote
the files are in englisch, but in the install.cfg it says german. should i replace "german" with "englisch" and then it will work? or do i have to reinstall the game?
Page: 1/2▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact