🔒 ✅ Cutscenes only play sometimes (patch 2.4)

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/6▶▶
6649806844ff4
shredheadQuote
Hi everyone,

Kind of a weird problem here. Not sure if there's much that can be done about it, but thought I might as well make a post.

So recently, the unofficial 2.4 patch came out and I had to give it a go. I decided to copy System Shock 2 into a single folder for easy access, so I copied the SHOCK folder from the CD, applied the 2.3 patch, then the 2.4 patch, and played the game. Everything was great, I'd never seen SS2 run so nicely on a modern system. The only problem I noticed, however, was that the game cutscenes don't always play.

They worked fine at first, and I got through all the cutscenes at the beginning of the game with no problems. But when I played the game later, no cutscenes. Clicking Intro on the menu plays nothing, and starting a new game skips all the cutscenes. Tried again and again, same thing. But even later, I launched the game again, and bam, cutscenes work. Tried again. They still work. Tried again. They don't work. So yeah, it's pretty random.

What might be causing this?

Thanks, all.
voodoo47Quote
this suggests that you have installed the 2.4 patch manually. I would recommend starting all over, and using ss2tool this time.
66498068453cd
ZylonBaneQuote
More specifically, this suggests to me that the video playback DLL hasn't been extracted.
664980684549a
voodoo47Quote
not sure, as the cutscenes sometimes play. anyway, making a ss2tool install is a good start.
shredheadQuote
ffmpeg.dll was definitely extracted.

I'm working on a SS2Tool installation now. The last version of SS2Tool I remember using is 3.0, so maybe this will help.
Page: 1/6▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact