SS2 System Shock Infinite 2.4

3 Guests are here.
◀◀Page: 49/177▶▶
6647d3b1233dd
isaacspaceQuote
On a side note I just want to say thanks for making mods for this classic, its good to see people haven't given up on the game yet and are still making content for it.  :)
6647d3b12384e
xdiespQuote
Moddb and mediafire mirrors available.

Quote by isaacspace:
On a side note I just want to say thanks for making mods for this classic, its good to see people haven't given up on the game yet and are still making content for it.  :)

Have you completed the vanilla game recently? Difficulty wise, the mod is designed for players who know what to expect already from the levels. Yes, I understand what you're saying about the classes: in theory, any change can be rerolled and during the beta these were actually "resistancies" and not "immunities". It played just like vanilla with new logs.

There was no incentive to buy different skills and use different weapons than vanilla, and not any need for more modules (enter the moral choice system). So the RPG rules were enforced and logs told their story... but yeah, that still requires some suspension of disbelief. If you bear with that, you will see that the combat has now a puzzle-like component to it (the right key for the right door). I.e. you could stop buying Energy and Heavy weapons and just use PSI to paralyze robots and cyborgs (that's 2 less weapon types to care about).

But if you really need it, I could make you a mutator which removes classes and levels from the targets (and the crosshair to boot). But I warn you that challenge will drop down dramatically and a piece of the story will go to waste.
6647d3b12394f
Primitive PrimateQuote
Great update! :D And the movies play just fine now with the increased delay.
6647d3b123aa4
isaacspaceQuote
@xdiesp

Thanks for the reply, I clocked SS2 a year ago once and only replayed the missions that I considered fun (never went back to Rickenbacker), like I said I'm noob at this game no doubt and I've never experienced full on RPG in FPS until this game and I love it Except the challenge which is too hard for my liking. I now see that this is for people who knows the game quite well and you intend to make something that feels fresh I appreciate that, with that comes the combat with puzzle components which changes things around a bit, I didn't think about that until you mentioned it and heavy and energy weapons could be replaced by psi, my brain just ain't up to the game's variations and openness.

And no don't remove the classes and levels cause I don't want to ruin the experience. This is personal but do you suggest I go back to the vanilla game and get used to it before coming back to the mod?
6647d3b123c7d
xdiespQuote
isaacspace: I think that if you still got to Operations, you mustn't have been doing all wrong. So I wouldn't restart the game, and keep the afterthoughts for a possible second playthrough with all the hindsight and know-how.

Imho you have two alternatives... The first is the intended way of playing the mod: if the difficulty starts biting at you, harvest one of the old rigs for lots of cybermodules. Had you harvested all rigs until now, you'd be a powerhouse.

The second is the following addon, which was requested by a player who wanted monsters to receive double damage. He used it until he got the ropes of the mod, then moved on: you could do the same. It's been updated to 1.7 and works on any savegame.

Edit: the 6 Hours mutator is now updated to v1.7 as well. It's both on moddb and mediafire:
https://www.mediafire.com/?5v78ohx01f7t6pv
◀◀Page: 49/177▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact