🔒 System Shock 1 redeveloped in Unreal Development Kit

1 Guest is here.
664886222c178
ZylonBaneQuote
Have I introduced you to Lenna?
664886222c42c
KolyaQuote
No, but I actually knew that one, even have the uncropped image somewhere. Ah, they don't make 'em like that anymore.
When I first read about Lenna I thought, yeah, that is exactly what men would do: Take a pinup to brighten up your dull lab work, for scientific reasons. And the way that editor explains why it's such a good test image... It's so normal and human, you just gotta like it.

For the same reason I think that the chick.pcx adorning one of the lockers in SS2 is perfect. It's only a little thing, but it makes the place so much more believable, I think it's on the Rickenbacker. Splendidly updated in SHTUP by the way, even though it's not the same pic, but for the better as far as I can tell.

There's a very similar and funny scene in the film Die Hard (1988), where Bruce Willis passes a pinup in the Nakatomi tower. He's already pretty torn and it's actually a tense scene, but he still places a kisshand on the pic saying something like: Got no time for you, honey!
664886222c87e
gaspalorzQuote

Quote by Kolya:
uncropped image somewhere.
High-res scan may be found over here. Just follow the link from centered image.
664886222cac8
SynaesthesiaQuote
Going to be on hold for a bit, just got a new job assignment to model some objects and that will take priority over this project. I'm not giving up - don't worry. ;-)

Here's the door inside the level with some additional texture refinement, specifically on the random rust damage shader I've set up.

http://www.3dholmes.com/images/UDK/Shock/Medical4.jpg
664886222cb90
ScorpionQuote
This is gonna be awesome, nice work!

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact