SS2 RocketMan Alternative Weapons Pack 1.1

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/31▶▶
6635e28b0d92b
RocketManQuote
Tags: °weapon °SS2

This is a package that replaces 7 weapons with high-poly, redecorated versions of them.  Included are the wrench, psi-amp (world model only, use with Eldron's Psi Amp), crystal shard, stasis field generator, the viral proliferator, the annelid launcher and the fusion cannon.  My intention was to honour the art style though they do look a bit (or a lot depending on your taste) different.  The wormy weapons and fusion cannon have animated textures.  The fusion cannon only REQUIRES the new unofficial SS2 patch because the textures are bigger than 256^2.

Install using zombe's mod manager or simply extract this archive into your mod-ready ss2 directory.  If you don't like the animated textures you can delete all textures with an _XX in the filename, where the XX is the frame number...just don't delete the first one that has no number after the _.  Some textures for these models repeat themselves and the odd texture is borrowed from another mod so you may get a conflict warning when using them in the Modmanager. Just ignore the warning.

ATTENTION:  If playing at 1280 x 1024 or higher, an HD2900 XT / 8800 GTS or better video card is recommended as frame rates can drop below 20 when viewing all weapons in this pack simultaneously, as typically might occur near an elevator if you store items there.  Many of these weapons have 1000+ polygons but more importantly they often use several 256 x 256 textures, which are sometimes tiled.  Add in the fact that the ss2 graphics engine is probably beyond shit and you'll understand why I'm warning about frame rates.

Enjoy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/planetmie/goodfusion.png
6635e28b0dbfc
miracle.flameQuote
nice work..
if you want you may quote these screenshots in first post...and afterwards I'll remove them from this post.
6635e28b0dd6e
KolyaQuote
The wormlauncher viral proliferator looks pretty good, but the viral proliferator wormlauncher needs more work. It looks very big (especially when equipped) and somewhat featureless.
6635e28b0de31
RocketManQuote
Are you sure you're not confusing the names?  I would have thought the opposite.
6635e28b0deee
KolyaQuote
Haha, got me there. I managed to switch the names, even after looking them up.  :shifty:
Page: 1/31▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact