664a5e88dc093

664a5e88dc4ef
1 Guest is here.

Topic: [Obsolete] SS2 Zombe's Mod Manager Read 61100 times  

664a5e88dce64
Attention: This software is here for historical reasons only. It is not compatible with current SS2 releases anymore. Read here on how to mod your game

This is the original version made by Zombe. A followup version was written by TheBrain, which is also obsolete now.

Features
  • Easy (de)activation of Mods and Fan Missions
  • Provides an overview of active / existing mods
  • Automatic conflict check between Mods and FMs
  • Custom savegame-sets, eg for Fan Missions, Mods, Original Game
  • Supports .zip, .rar and .ss2mod files

Do i need to do/know something before installing SS2MM?
  • SS2MM will do everything that is necessary for using mods / fan missions - if it has't been done before.
  • Note that Zombe's System Shock 2 Mod Manager is not compatible with ShockEd - the editor for SS2. If you wish to use ShockEd you should make another installation of System Shock 2.
  • SS2MM has to be installed from a windows Administrator account.

Most Mods/FMs on SBF are prepared to work perfectly with the Mod Manager. That is they show their name, author's name, mod-description and mod-homepage in the Mod Manager. The information is stored in the included mod.ini. Other mods may produce a message in the Modmanager ("This mod was not a ss2mod - therefore it could happen that it won't work exactly as the aouthor of the mod had in mind."). But they work just as well.

How do I make a downloaded Mod/FM work with the Mod Manager?
  • Change the file extension from .zip or .rar to .ss2mod (the file icon will change)
  • Doubleclick the file. It will get copied to the Mod Manager directory at Sshock2\SS2MM\MODS\.
  • You can delete the Mod/FM after that. Or keep it for new installs or friends.

How do I create a new savegame-set?
Click on [Manage], enter a name for your new savegame-set, hit Enter. Then select the newly created set from the dropdown-list.

How do I create a Mod for SS2MM?
Informations on how to create and customise mods for Zombe's Modmanager can be found in the Upload Guide.

Troubleshooting
There is an updated version of the Mod Manager available, where many of the problems with this version have been fixed.
Zombe's Mod Manager may sometimes get confused. If this seems to be the case, deactivate all Mods within Zombe's Mod Manager, then search your shock2 installation folder for any files of the form *.ss2mmbak. Delete all of them. After that reactivate the Mods you wish to use. Alternatively: Use the CleanUp feature via [Tools-->CleanUp].

Uninstallation
Choose "Tools->UnInstallSS2MM" from within the Mod Manager...
« Last Edit: 26. February 2013, 20:23:50 by Kolya »
SS2 Modmanager SourceCode Delphi
664a5e88dcffd
The sourcecode of Zombe's modmanager written in Delphi. (As discussed on TTLG.)
« Last Edit: 01. July 2006, 18:49:38 by Kolya »

664a5e88dd11csgt.jonas grant

Re: SS2 Zombe's Mod Manager
664a5e88dd170
if i already wrote this im sorry, but i just cant find my post anymore, so its hard to know the answer to it... however my question was:
when i click on the link above, it open (you know, the open register screen and all...) the file, but then it try to use the file with ss2, who dont like it an crash... nothing else... so after i tried everything in my competence, i descided to come ask for  hand... (ok, now more clearly... MY ****** ******* COMPUTER IS TOO ***** TO INSTAL THIS FILE!!!...) anyone can help me... PLEASE!!!!

664a5e88dd22fsgt.jonas grant

664a5e88dd284
uh... nevermind, my computer sudenly descided it was a better idea to do what i told him... IT WORK!!!! DONT KNOW WHAT HAPENNED, AND I DONT CARE, IT WORK!!!!... sorry... i had to say this...

:: by the way, thank you anyway...::

664a5e88dd579The Brain

664a5e88dd5d0
... what are you babbling about?! :scratch: :weird: :confused:

You should definately use updated version of this utility, because most of mods here are compressed with 7z-compression format. So those mods won't work with this old version.

664a5e88dd6d6miracle.flame

664a5e88dd722
LOL ROFL OMG LOL!

I'll see what I can do about the first post so all people consider this a museum piece and use the updated version.
664a5e88dd82c
Nice link there Miracle. ;)

sgt.jonas grant, I deleted your post because I somehow assumed you'd get the hint to mayhaps re-read the first post.

EDIT: BTW, this thread is still here because external sites may still link to it. I think I re-routed all internal links by now.
« Last Edit: 16. February 2008, 23:47:20 by Kolya »

664a5e88dd90eMidnite Ryu

664a5e88dd958
I've recently downloaded the updated Modmanager, and I've tried loading so of some the mods it didn't come with most worked fine but SHTUP,SHMUP,Straylight ADaoB, and DeepFriedSoundupgrade V3B won't load up  into modmanager the error message being can't extract file-unknown format.  I've noticed these 4 mods are all compressed with 7zip and was wondering if thats the problem or some other technical difficulty and also a possible solution.
664a5e88ddaa4
These mods all work fine with the current version of the SS2 Modmanager. I have serious doubts you have that.
And if you do, why post here? I don't get it. Please report problems in the SS2 Modmanager thread or in the Shock Helpdesk forum.

664a5e88ddbaeNameless Voice

664a5e88ddbfd
We added giant writing about the updated version to the top of the thread.
We added the words [Obsolete] to the title.
Do we need to delete this thread completely?

664a5e88ddc8aThe Brain

664a5e88ddcd4
No need to delete. Just lock this thread up.

664a5e88ddd7dNameless Voice

664a5e88dddc6
Good point. Done.
I'll clean this thread up a bit and remove some of these excess messages later.
1 Guest is here.
She was seen as something like SHODAN’s secret police; brutal and intelligent enough to interrogate people
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a5e88ddeab