1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS1 Logs in SS2 Read 2831 times  

664a3ec68272cEnchantermon

664a3ec6827c3
Readme for SS1 Logs in SS2 V4:

Copyright Information:
----------

String files copyright 2006 Enchantermon
All copyrights of Looking Glass Studios, Origin, Irrational Games and Electronic Arts duly acknowledged.

This is Version 4 of the SS1 logs converted into SS2 string files. Simply unzip into your SS2 directory with "Use Folder Names" enabled.

The string files are set up in the following way: First, all of the e-mails recieved on the deck are listed in chronological order, then all of the logs found on the deck are listed in chronological order by the date of their recording. The only exception is Level09.str, as it not only contains the logs for the Reactor level, but also the one e-mail recieved on the Bridge, as SS2 only supports logs and e-mails for nine levels.

The text of the logs has been transcripted from the SS1 audio logs by Gigaquad, as the audio and text logs in the original game do not match up.

Update History:
----------

Version 1: released 03-09-06--All SS1 logs compiled into string files and released.
Version 1 update: released 03-09-06--Due to a file mix-up, some files were replaced with the original SS2 string files. This has been fixed.
Version 2: released 03-10-06--One of Lansing's e-mails was added to Level01.str. Level01.str is now complete; it includes all of the logs and e-mails found and recieved on that level. All but the Reactor Level have been updated with subjects.
Version 3: released 03-11-06--Reactor Level subjects added.
Version 3 update: released 03-11-06--Final few subjects added! All logs and e-mails in the string files now come complete with their subjects.
Version 4: With YogSo's help, I have tracked down the final e-mails from Shodan, Rebecca, Brocail, and Taggert and have added them to the string files. I have also finished proofreading the text and correcting any errors that I found. For now, this is the final version. Enjoy!

Thanks to:
----------

Gigaquad for writing transcripts for me.
Birky for sending me the few missing log subjects.
YogSo for sending me his SS1 savegames, enabling me to put the missing e-mails in the correct string files.
G'len and JediKorenchkin for being willing to keep CCP going.
TTLG for putting up with me!

These files may be freely distributed as long as the entire archive is kept intact and this readme, in its unaltered form, is included.

[EDIT5] The final (most likely, anyway) version of the string files has been released! [/EDIT5]

[EDIT6] I don't know why, but for some reason the archive I uploaded had four readme files! Fixed. [/EDIT6]
« Last Edit: 01. April 2009, 16:24:10 by Enchantermon »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic ____ of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Outlaw Country!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a3ec682937