663b4c5d1e243

663b4c5d1e85c
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Chemical Manifest (SPOILERS)
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 24365 times  

663b4c5d1f0c5
Updated Body of the Many Chemicals List

I found this thread which came in handy during my recent playthrough. However, there are a couple of errors in the listing, primarily concerning the Body of the Many (BoTM) level, and the "second" Rickenbacker chemical store room therein, which comes complete with energy recharger, replicator and manifest. Not to be confused with the first storeroom which is actually on the Rickenbacker proper, near Engine Nacelle B.

I don't know if the original author of this post is still around some three years later, but for people still playing SS2 (especially as it's just been rereleased via GOG.com and possibly Steam soon too) it'd be nice if this otherwise useful page was accurate, given that it's the only one I could find that contained a full listing of the chemicals.

Near the start of BoTM is a room containing a handful of loose chemicals, which doesn't have a manifest:

Te 1
Tc 2
Mo 2

Later in BoTM is a store room with samples of every chemical, as follows (from Chemical Manifest):

As  1
Sb 1
Ba 2
Cf 1
Cs 2
Cu 1
Fm 1
Ga 1
Hs 3
Ir 1
Mo 1
Os 1
Ra 3
Se 3
Na 1
Tc 1
Te 4
V 1
Y 3

As you can see, these numbers don't tally up with the table in the first post.

What these updated numbers mean is that everything you need to research the Worm Launcher, Worm Heart and Worm Skin can be found in the BoTM (along with the items themselves), which saves having to tediously backtrack through the entire Rickenbacker to the chem storeroom in Pod 1, or to carry chems with you into BoTM.

Hopefully this will be useful to someone.  8)

D "your song is not ours"
663b4c5d1f349
These are the complete chemicals in the BOTM? Or should these be added to the existing numbers in the table?
663b4c5d1f440
This is all of them that I could find. Adding them together gives you the full total for BoTM.
Acknowledged by: Kolya
663b4c5d1f55d
Btw, did you guys notice that Korenchkin's Psi Reaver has another organ to research which needs another chemicals (Ba, Ra)?
« Last Edit: 29. April 2013, 20:30:51 by Kolya »
663b4c5d1f6d8
There aren't many specimens to use that knowledge on, unfortunately.
Someone put the unresearched brain description into the quick reply quote line a while ago. That made me laugh. :)

EDIT: I have updated the table with Damage's findings. Thank you, man.
« Last Edit: 27. April 2013, 21:16:33 by Kolya »
Acknowledged by: unmaker

663b4c5d1f7c9unmaker

663b4c5d1f815
Well, I wasn't exactly sure that anybody except me finds this thing hilarious when I was writing it :)
In a way, this flavour text looks like a placeholder (e.g. the organ does not look like a brain at all), and I always thought this item was left out from the game somehow. By the way, isn't it odd for subverted Corenchkin (apparently a regular psi-reaver) to drop this thing. As far as I know, there's a single greater overlord in the whole game (it's among the bunch guarding the Many brain), and its looks quite distinctive too.
« Last Edit: 28. April 2013, 00:10:20 by unmaker »
663b4c5d1fda0
Btw, did you guys notice that Korenchkin's Psi Reaver has another organ to research which needs another chemicals (Ba, Ra)?

Image: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3176/greaterpsireaverorgan.png
Yes, and it sadly doesn't make sense at all because Korenchkin is the first Psi reaver you encounter and afaik the only greater Psi reaver in the game. One of the items that should've been fixed in ADaoB imo.
663b4c5d20141
I have updated the table with Damage's findings. Thank you, man.

Very glad to be of service. It also warms the cockles of my, erm, cockles to see support for SS2 still alive and well.  8)
663b4c5d203c9
Addendum:

ImageShack seems to be having trouble with their website at the moment, twice today it's taken me multiple attempts to view their content, and it's timing out on most images. Response time is over 7 seconds from "is it up or just me", although I couldn't even get the homepage to open. As such the image above isn't displaying. Any chance you can post it somewhere else, V?

663b4c5d20631CrackerJack

663b4c5d20681
Chemical location guide, please update to include 1 Sodium(Na) location in the cold frozen area of Hydroponics, near a dead body in a dead end. It is the same location as one of the Environmental Regulators objective.

663b4c5d20ac8RocketMan

663b4c5d20b27

I've always been quite fond of the greater psi reaver archetype.  I know it's more or less indistinguishable from the normal reaver but that doesn't have to remain the case.  It's half set up already to be made into a new enemy type that jives with the lore and everything.  The more organ harvesting the better!

663b4c5d20c60voodoo47

663b4c5d20cba
it's not set up properly, gives no bonuses (so useless, even if there were more greater reavers in the game), and will glitch the UI out once researched. currently disabled for all the builds.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

____ at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. What a week. Hard times are back.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663b4c5d20e5f