663beb6bb7cad

663beb6bb8245
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Blueprints of the Von Braun
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 16741 times  

663beb6bb8a80unn_atropos

663beb6bb8ae3
Note: there is a small room labled "A". Because of the level architecture it was overlapping with a corridor. So I cut it out an placed it nearby and didn't put a frame aorund it because it isn't really a upeer/lower level

663beb6bb8c7dunn_atropos

Recreation section 3
663beb6bb8cce
This was the last unstripped map of the game that was left(now I need a live and a girl...better make it two :p).
command 1/2, earth, eng1, hydro 1 & 3, medsci 1/2, ops 1/2, rec 1-3, rick 1-3 and station.
There is also the many but to do this map in the same style as the other ones would be rather pointless.
Still stripped are: ops 3 and 4, hydro 2, eng 2 and shodan.
At least for the last one there are some possibilities since a part of the map is the bridge of the rickenbacker, which I have already done. But the part of the map with shodans memories could only be done by using material from the training sections and would become a quiet subjective thing. But I will try^^

663beb6bb916fEnchantermon

Re: Blueprints of the Von Braun
663beb6bb91c4
There is also the many but to do this map in the same style as the other ones would be rather pointless.
How come? I know it's pretty linear, but it'd still be pretty nice.
Of course, it's east for me to say that since I'm not the one doing it...

663beb6bb92f0unn_atropos

663beb6bb9376
Yeah, it is linear but that's not the point.
For every map I tried to catch some atmosphere. For example; in the tech corridors I painted in the spaces on the sides which  can  be seen but that are to small to be stepped on. I could have left them out, which would have been much simpler^^, but in my opinion they are room defining.
Now take a look at the many "deck". No straight lines. The walls, the floor and the ceiling are deformed. By drawing a overhead map of this construct the way I did with the others, a lot of was this map is about would get lost. Then maybe there would be a map of this level. But not a map that reflects the real environment of the level and how it looks like if you actually walkt through it.
I hope it is understandable what I intend to say. My school-englisch does not cover such detailed descriptions^^

663beb6bb9418Enchantermon

663beb6bb946e
Hmm. I think I see what you're saying. It's cool. :)

663beb6bb951bAluminumHaste

663beb6bb9567
I know this is going to be a stupid question, but can these be used in game in-lieu of the games original maps? One of my grips with playing at 1920x1200 is that the maps are so small. These are lovely btw.
663beb6bb96a0
Unfortunately the game interface has a fixed size.

663beb6bb97c8unn_atropos

663beb6bb9815
Added maps with upgrade-units, replicators, recharge stations, secuirity computers, resurrection units and chemical storerooms drawn in.

For some of them I'm not 100% sure about the exact position, so you could do me a favour and tell me if there are blatant errors. Other suggestions are appreciated (for example: how about adding turrets, cameras, access cards etc. You name it^^)

Also on some maps I made some minor changes (missing architectural elements, colour inconsistencies). I also plan to update the blueprints for Rickenbacker soon.

new file in first post (vonbraun_blueprints_revised)
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=2058.msg20625#msg20625

663beb6bb98f7unn_atropos

Re: Blueprints of the Von Braun-eng2 section 3
663beb6bb994a
Thanks to the amazing work of antimatter_16, I was able to make the blueprint for the former stripped eng2.mis.

New file in first post (vonbraun_blueprints_revised). Old version was downloaded 143 times.
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=2058.msg20625#msg20625

663beb6bb9ab3unn_atropos

663beb6bb9b1c
antimatter_16 has once again made an enormous effort to recreate the former stripped map ops4.mis!
New file in first post (vonbraun_blueprints_revised). Old version was downloaded 58 times.

Acknowledged by 2 members: Hikari, CFW Magic

663beb6bb9c1funn_atropos

663beb6bb9c6d
This time grosnus jumped in and created an unstripped version of hydro 2. So I was able to make the blueprint for this map. You'll find it in the first post (vonbraun_blueprints_revised). Old version was downloaded 148 times.

663beb6bb9d79voodoo47

663beb6bb9dca
added the download count to the new attachment.

663beb6bba0ecRocketMan

663beb6bba154
I've always wanted to ask but always forgot:  What is the purpose of this effort (making these schematics) ?  Is it so that the automaps will work (correctly?)

663beb6bba220voodoo47

663beb6bba272
to have fun doing things you enjoy doing, I'd imagine.

I mean, I don't think anyone hangs around here because they want to do annoying boring stuff that bores them to death - we have jobs and families for that. well, not me, but I'd imagine most people do.

663beb6bba35cRocketMan

663beb6bba3ab
That's cool.  I wasn't being sarcastic though.  I really thought these were being used specifically for some project.  Could they be precursory to an automap for example?

663beb6bba4a7unn_atropos

663beb6bba4f4
I make them, because I actually enjoy it. While I'm drawing them, I listen to music or podcasts and it takes my mind off all the trouble stuff.
At times it can be a chore, but mostly it's something to keep me busy without the need for much thinking.
Also it's interesting to get 1 on 1 with the level architecture. And I just like to look at maps and blueprints.

Unfortunately the resolution for the System Shock 2 map screens cannot be siginificantly changed (That's what I gathered reading the forum).
But maybe the blueprints could be used for something else (Walktrough, fan project or something else).

663beb6bba79cvoodoo47

« Last Edit: 02. June 2019, 07:20:41 by voodoo47 »

663beb6bba884RocketMan

663beb6bba8d1
Can you practice therapy in downtown Toronto please?

663beb6bba970voodoo47

663beb6bba9c2
I don't think you'd want me anywhere near people's minds - as you know, madness is like gravity.. all it takes is a little push.

663beb6bbaa4aRocketMan

663beb6bbaaa5
Why do you think I asked :ebil:

663beb6bbab42voodoo47

663beb6bbab8e
I'll send you a bag of popcorn in case I move there then.

663beb6bbac6bunn_atropos

663beb6bbacb8
The terrifying amazing Grosnus striked once again to created an unstripped version of Operations 3.
Added to the set: post (vonbraun_blueprints_revised).
Old version was downloaded 217 times.
Acknowledged by: Grosnus

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, ____: a pathetic creature of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Turn the game console off right now.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663beb6bbadee