SS2 ZylonBane Logo Pack

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/5▶▶
664a96cabbcee
ZylonBaneQuote
Tags: °art °SS2
This package contains high-res versions of the commonly-used logos in System Shock 2. They were originally created for SHTUP, but I figured other people might have some use for them. Included logos are:

TriOptimum logo (SS2 version)
Rickenbacker
Von Braun
Von Braun Command
Von Braun Engineering
Von Braun Hydroponics
Von Braun MedSci
Von Braun Operations
TriOptimum Consumer Concepts logo

All logos are stored as PNGs with transparent background for maximum portability. No antialiasing was used to allow easy recoloring. Average resolution of each logo is around 2000 x 2000 pixels.
Acknowledged by: hemebond
664a96cabbe87
KolyaQuote
BTW: Why did you make the Triop Logo inverted? Also why the grey backgrounds on Rickenbacker and VB command?
I think I already mentioned that vector grafics would have suited the job better, but okay they're big enough to retrace them without great glitches I guess.
664a96cabbfcd
ZylonBaneQuote
The TriOp logo is light-on-dark because it's normally that way in-game. Doesn't matter much to me either way.

Grey background on Rick and Command logos because they use more than one color, of course. Using a black or white background on the Rick logo would destroy quite a bit of the detail. On the Command logo a white background would make it ambiguous whether or not the inner ring should be transparent.

Maybe I should use a grey background on all of them just to be consistent?

Yes, a vector format would have been better... but WHICH vector format? I'm not aware of any vector format that's as universally well-supported as a raster format like PNG. Plus, most of these are really quite horrible in their vector forms. I created them with PaintShop Pro, which only has very basic vector support.
664a96cabc604
KolyaQuote

Quote by ZylonBane:
The TriOp logo is light-on-dark because it's normally that way in-game. Doesn't matter much to me either way.
I was just asking because for further use a positive is slightly more convenient. Doesn't matter much though.

Quote by ZylonBane:
Grey background on Rick and Command logos because they use more than one color, of course. Using a black or white background on the Rick logo would destroy quite a bit of the detail. On the Command logo a white background would make it ambiguous whether or not the inner ring should be transparent.
I wasn't sure if the Rick and Command logo really had these boxes around them. They'd certainly look better without them. I can't see what would be lost with a white background for the Rickenbacker for example. And the white ring of the Command logo wouldn't be ambigous in a vector file or bitmap file with transparent background. Anyway you go for authenticity which is fine.
If you added a grey background to all of them though that authenticity would be lost as it would look as if all logos were meant to be boxed.

A good vector format might be SVG which is nonpropietary, can be opened and saved by professional vector editing programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Freehand and free vector programs as well. Plus it gets displayed in modern browsers.

EDIT: Just played around a while with Adobe CS Illustrator's "LiveTrace" feature .... Turns out tracing a bitmap still has the same problems as when I last did that years ago in Flash: You either get a precise but bloated vector or it's getting very unprecise but clean. By "clean" I mean that as few anchor points are used as are necessary to display the vector.
Anyway, here's the slightly bloated and unprecise SVG file I got from it.
Oh yeah, while Firefox displays the SVG fine, this forum software doesn't know the format...  :confused:
664a96cabc726
ZylonBaneQuote
The problem with SVG (like most vector formats) is that it's not usually supported by the sort of low-cost paint programs that enthusiasts such as ourselves are likely to have access to. Heck, the version of PSP I use doesn't even know what an SVG is. And when I import AI/EPS files, it flattens them into bitmaps.

Besides, why would anyone need a TriOp logo larger than 3500x3000?  :scratch:
Page: 1/5▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact