663b89b902368

663b89b9028e7
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Audio Logs (SPOILERS)
Page: « 1 ... 5 [6]
Read 223816 times  

663b89b90319e
Russian (WebCall) audiologs are ready: https://www.systemshock.org/shocklogs/indexRUSS.html
Issues I had:
- some texts not translated; especially the many and shodan's initial speech (mostly no russian audio)
- Some names (Amanpour etc.) have no russian equivalent. I did not want to piece it together because I'm 1.) lazy and 2.) I would surely get it wrong^^. Maybe some native speaker could help out?
- none of the logs have the characteristic *beep* and *bratz* at beginning and end. Maybe someone with a skill for audio batch processing could add them back in?
- Shodan is missing her trademark background noice

Suggestions:
- get some more voice actors. When you listen to the logs in a row it becomes very apparent that there are only two people. No offense, it's just something that the atmosphere could really benefit from.
- sorry; but the shodan voice in the last cutscene sounds terrible! You could totally do better!!
the text is spoiled
[Безымянный.jpg expired]
663b89b903358
You either want to give a better problem description and possibly a solution, or you can duck right off, system.

//Ducking Android refuses to learn swearwords. Duck duck duck!
663b89b903460
Can not be seen from the screenshot?

Character set, instead of Russian text
Acknowledged by: Kolya

663b89b903586Ricardo Gavarni

663b89b9035d6
The problem with the Russian audiologs page is related to encoding. Some browsers (I tested it in Edge and Chromium) mistakenly assume that the page is encoded in windows-1252. Adding <meta charset="utf-8"/> to the page (between <head> and <body>) seem to fix the problem, at least locally.

663b89b903a3eZylonBane

663b89b903a96
It's so bizarre to read that SS2 was "one of the first" games to use audio logs, when of course it uses them because SS1 did years earlier, a fact that the article doesn't even mention.

Oh well, technically the truth I suppose.

663b89b903d09sarge945

663b89b903d61
Wait, people expect even a rudimentary knowledge of the gaming landscape from gaming journalists?
663b89b903e8a
Maybe she played the original floppy version of SS1. Or she didn't play it at all. In which case "one of the first" is still true.
Either way, it was a good article on my opinion.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Trioptimum executive Edward ____ (Fill in the last name):
1 Guest is here.
As refreshingly optimistic as her view of technology is, she also speaks longingly of the time before screens, when people drew pictures and played instruments as a part of daily life.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663b89b903fb5