664a699b5ddb9

664a699b5e3e1
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Blueprints of Minstrel
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 7619 times  

664a699b5ea2cZylonBane

664a699b5ea9a
I really thought PNG 24bit had been developed as a JPG replacement, useless as it is for that.
24-bit PNG was intended as a replacement for 24-bit lossless formats like BMP and TGA. In that respect it does very well, with much better compression.

664a699b5eb7fgaspalorz

664a699b5ebd7
Nah, I'm not pissed at all. You could also drop the word "moderator" and that statement would still retain it's meaning.
It is unfair to be treated like a dirt just because someone has a different opinion on something related to what I've said. I hope this won't happen again.

664a699b5f115Fironkkuify

664a699b5f186
I understand you're pissed but that's not a good angle. ZylonBane was no more talking as a moderator...

Nah, I'm not pissed at all. You could also drop the word "moderator" and that statement would still retain it's meaning.
It is unfair to be treated like a dirt just because someone has a different opinion on something related to what I've said. I hope this won't happen again.

The use of crude language to make someone appear dumb and not actively trying to understand fully what a member is saying is not what I'd say makes a good moderator.  That's like when you're working retail or at a store and you're the manager.  You get a compliant about something and you tell them to "fuck off" or you hint that they're probably crazy.  Does that seem very professional?

In Kolya's case the way he pokes fun at people's logic is something more acceptable; it even causes a good laugh depending on the context. 

And besides, I think I might understand where gaspolarz is coming from.  I think he's complaining about the fact that the program needed to open up RAR files usually isn't free and that the trial version obviously doesn't last.  I dealt with this issue to but I think getting the free version of that 7z file opener might do the trick.

664a699b5f5cbZylonBane

664a699b5f63e
Oh god just when this thread couldn't get any worse, guess who decides to start posting in it...

The use of crude language to make someone appear dumb and not actively trying to understand fully what a member is saying is not what I'd say makes a good moderator.
What makes a good moderator is someone who moderates well. A bad moderator is someone who abuses their privileges. I'm just a regular user here who only has "moderator" status so I can access certain subforums and occasionally clean up thread titles. Other than that I never touch the moderator controls.

I think he's complaining about the fact that the program needed to open up RAR files usually isn't free and that the trial version obviously doesn't last.
You are, "obviously", wrong. The WinRAR demo never expires.

Image: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7134/129144144681513610.png
664a699b5f8bf
I'll close this thread for a while.

EDIT: Re-opened for the original topic to continue.
« Last Edit: 30. July 2011, 08:26:01 by Kolya »

664a699b5fcfeunn_atropos

664a699b5fd78
Updated first post with the larboard side view. https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=3007.msg29476#msg29476
While doing the outlines I planned to also make a starboard view in order to catch more details. This is still in produktion because I got confused about angles etc. Consider it a start^^

664a699b606c2gaspalorz

664a699b60742
Now this is cool. I didn't want to suggest it earlier, but it is definitely a good idea to make views of both boards. Or pehaps even a view of slice through the middle so you don't need to deal with nacelles and core twice (see attachment, yellow lines are alternative solutions).
A bad moderator is someone who abuses their privileges.
Or who doesn't live up to their duties.
The WinRAR demo never expires.
If something pops up a trial expiration message then it expires, even though it may not cease to function. It is also clearly stated in the license text:
Quote by WinRAR license:
2. Anyone may use this software during a test period of 40 days. Following this test period of 40 days or less, if you wish to continue to use RAR, you must purchase a license.

10. Installing and using RAR/WinRAR signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.

11. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove RAR/WinRAR files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.
« Last Edit: 30. July 2011, 09:56:55 by gaspalorz »
664a699b608b4
You gotta be kidding me... you're seriously continuing this feud again?
Fine. Gaspalorz takes a timeout. And so will anyone else who continues to comment on that RAR issue or the people involved or just pisses me off by being an egoistical smartass.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Replicator restrictions are in place for the good of whom?:
1 Guest is here.
In loyalty to their kind they cannot tolerate our minds
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a699b60a2f