664ab687a0cee

664ab687a10ef
1 Guest is here.

Topic: [Request] System Shock 2 Logo Read 5809 times  

664ab687a16ef
Hey everyone!

Name's Rens, or Rensje on the internet. I have a request to make. I am looking to reboot my YouTube gaming channel with a playthrough of System Shock 2, my favourite game of all time. I try to put some effort into my videos and dress them up nicely with an intro sequence and whatnot, and for that I am looking for a nice System Shock 2 logo. However, all my efforts so far to find a good one have been fruitless.

My Photoshop skills aren't exactly what you would call ideal, but then I thought maybe someone around here could help me out! There's plenty of fan art available for the game, after all, and the System Shock community here is still very active.

So here's the thing.. I am looking for a nice and simple System Shock 2 logo with a transparent background, so that I can use it as an overlay on a simple background image. The more closely it resembles the original logo from the box art, the better. File format would ideally be .png, but .gif could work as well. Also, since the video will be in 1920x1080 resolution, the bigger the logo is the better.

I really hope someone here is willing to help me out! Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Rensje
664ab687a1906
I haven't seen an SS2 logo redo like you describe yet. Here are some alternatives: SS2 logo pack

664ab687a1c42Briareos H

664ab687a1c94
BTW I used that "classics" cover as reference. The design of the original box seems to be very slightly different (basically, just the TM placement) and then there are other versions floating around with different font and blur effects. I'd need to check with the game & original box but they're in Paris and I'm on holiday in my family.

There's also a small part on the bottom which I missed at first. I like it better without so I'm keeping the version above in addition on this one:
Image: http://anodal.org/ss2logo_bh_fin.png
« Last Edit: 09. August 2012, 11:40:39 by Briareos H »

664ab687a1f75Briareos H

664ab687a1fc9
Thanks :) By the way, for future reference, the fonts used by the logo are Grotesque MT for the name and Arial MT Black for the figure. And the infamous OCR-A Extended for the barcode, obv.
664ab687a20cf
Would you mind if I attach the images to the posts and then move the whole thread to the SS2 archive? Seems like a worthwhile resource. Speaking of archiving - if you have a vector or photoshop file, that could benefit others too, eg for creating higher resolution versions.
Just gave you upload rights.
664ab687a247b
The design of the original box seems to be very slightly different (basically, just the TM placement)
Not sure if it's just the UK version but the "TM" is aligned at the bottom of the text on the front of the box, but for some bizarre reason it's aligned with the top of the text on the two sides.

664ab687a2824Briareos H

664ab687a287a
Would you mind if I attach the images to the posts and then move the whole thread to the SS2 archive?
Sure, go on.
Seems like a worthwhile resource. Speaking of archiving - if you have a vector or photoshop file, that could benefit others too, eg for creating higher resolution versions.
Ok, here you go. Besides the vector & photoshop resource, the final bitmap export in the attached zip is 2000x800 pixels, so here's your higher resolution alright.

@Al_B. Hm, so it doesn't really matter I suppose. Thanks for checking out.
664ab687a29db
Wow, that is a fantastic job, Briareos H! It looks really good, thank you very much!

Would it be okay if I used the logo for a splash screen in my video series? I'll be sure to credit you in the video description and provide a link back to this forum.

664ab687a2aadBriareos H

664ab687a2aff
Yup you can use it as much as you want, and linking this forum is a very good idea. Be sure to keep us posted about your LP in the existing thread when it's out!
664ab687a2c20
Thank you, I most definitely will! It'll be a little while before I am ready to release the first episode, because I really want to get it right; a nice splash screen, good audio mixing, etc. And of course it's going to be in 1080p. :) SS2 deserves good quality and I am really looking to deliver.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the default melee weapon in System Shock 2:
1 Guest is here.
most of the time we were trapped in a daydream that we believed could never end
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664ab687a2d35