663b637f8997c

663b637f89f9a
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 - New audio log pictures
Page: « 1 2 [3]
Read 6523 times  

663b637f8a6ea
I just think his bedroom eyes make him the perfect candidate. And it's fun to cast him as the creepy reject. I think he'd appreciate that too.

663b637f8abe2Grosnus

More audio log pictures
663b637f8ac5e
I was thinking of posting this in the original topic https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=4435, but I noticed it's locked.

I made some new art for the audio logs. Except for the last picture this time they are not based on any existing person, instead I used this for references https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com/.

I can change the uniform color easily if needed for something specific.
« Last Edit: 15. September 2020, 21:02:19 by Grosnus »
Acknowledged by: Muroj
Acknowledged by 3 members: icemann, Grosnus, Muroj

663b637f8af41icemann

Acknowledged by: JML

663b637f8b09avoodoo47

663b637f8b0e9
yep. I think I'll grab some for RttUNN - the vanilla SS2 portraits are pretty much the last big thing that annoys me in that fm.
Acknowledged by: Grosnus

663b637f8b415ThiefsieFool

663b637f8b4d7
Nice stuff. But you can't fool me, the last one is clearly Ken Levine.

663b637f8b5e6Grosnus

663b637f8b660
Yep, it's Ken Levine. I also updated the first post to include all of the pictures I made so far.
663b637f8b93e
Ah wait, there were two threads about this? I forget if I posted my own custom portraits in the other one before the merge happened, but whatever the case, here I am. I've only made two of these thus far; my own face and CreamyElephant's (https://twitter.com/creamyelephant) face. (Not sure if he's here on the forum...) There's a higher-res version of Creamy's as well, but I prefer the smaller one.

Acknowledged by: WalterREQUiEM
663b637f8bb13
Good job! Quite a different approach to drawing hair than Grosnus, but I like them both.
Acknowledged by: Muroj
663b637f8bc6e
Thank you! You know, I didn't even realize how intricate the detail was for hair in Grosnus's stuff until you mentioned that. One of those kinds of things that are so impressive you gloss over them, since nothing seems amiss... Good work on that, dude ;D
It makes sense to me why though, this is basically pixel art (something I'm much less used to) and hair can already be a challenge even at larger resolutions :> Perhaps I should try my hand at making some more.

663b637f8bd8aGrosnus

663b637f8bde3
Nice, I am happy more people are tackling this. I was drawing all portraits at the same resolution as they are now because I found out its easier for me to control sharpness and scale of individual elements. So yeah, at times it was getting close to pixel art. Often just one pixel to the left or right could make someone cross-eyed.
Anyway I would definitely suggest drawing more. At the beginning I was mostly struggling with replicating originals and only after creating several portraits I started getting more comfortable and was able to focus more on the face itself.
I also recommend finding reference photos where camera is not too close to the person, to have as little perspective distorion as possible.
« Last Edit: 13. October 2020, 16:25:11 by Grosnus »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a ____ creature of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663b637f8bf3a