SS2 R&R&R's EMP Rifle

1 Guest is here.
66492f95817e5
RainalkarQuote
I think that the screen is eliptic only because of how the bin is created. But Rocketman will know better.
66492f9581d1d
RocketManQuote
Good to see some comments going back and forth.  Congrats Rainalkar for your achievments thus far.  I'll speak to a few points.  First of all, sorry about the elliptical display.  To be honest, when I adjusted the viewing angle, I distorted it without realizing until now.  I can probably fix that while maintaining the angle.  The smoother "looking" body in the right images is nothing more than texture filtering.  The gun bodies are identical geometrically.  One of the challenges I faced was that this model was created by someone else and none of the UV mapping or materials imported properly so I couldn't edit them.  That said, I still edited peripheral features that could be completely redone, stuff like the stock, handle, reload, etc.  This constitutes the majority of the differences between the left and right models....that and the textures.

I must say I'm somewhat surprised at the comments about the prongs and elongated look of the weapon though.  The original weapon is very slender in appearance and has a distinct "forked" front.  I presume these forked members are electromagnets used to focus the gun's emissions into a well-directed ball of energy before leaving the gun.  That isn't really important in itself but as mentioned, it is indeed a focal point.  As is the case on occasion, hard/sharp features are sometimes intentional and are best left alone.

As far as widgets and other perephinelia are concerned, that would probably be a good idea as long as it doesn't clash with the emp's design.  I think I recall some stuff at the top of the gun where the stock joins the body that could be a battery or something.  Might be more trouble than it's worth to put it in though due to the challenges I mentioned and the fact that a battery would be a part of the main body, which is UV mapped already by the original creator.
66492f9581e4f
RainalkarQuote
Rocketman updated the second version of the rifle, he asked me to replace the current one, but frankly, I don't know how to do that. So I'm posting it here.

moved to first post
66492f9581f3e
RocketManQuote
Thanks Rainalkar.  Just to summarize the changes, the screen is animated now, the gun angle is further adjusted, fixed the distorted screen so it's not oval anymore and added the teal surfaces to the inside of the prongs, which resemble the original but they are self-illuminated now.
66492f958208c
miracle.flameQuote
now that some aspects were addressed it looks better...I've tested in game.
since the animation's not stretched anymore shouldn't the display be squared a bit as well?

edit:typo
edit:2nd typo

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact