🔒 ATI GPU Scaling Fix for Windows 7 (stretch and aspect ratio problems)

1 Guest is here.
6649da4e48a89
Nintendo Maniac 64Quote

Quote by Nintendo Maniac 64:
just as long as you do not touch 1366x768.  This also means that, any programs and games where you normally would use 1366x768, you should instead use 1360x768.

I have an update regarding the above-quoted text; it turns out that some programs can actually switch to your monitors native resolution without screwing up the aspect ratio settings.  Most notibly is that MPC-HC is one of these programs (doesn't matter whether you use D3D fullscreen or not), but I believe most games would cause problems with said aspect ratio setting.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that a few games (such as Mass Effect 3 or Bulletstorm) don't like resolutions that aren't multiples of 8, so for a custom resolution on a 1920x1080 display it'd be better to use 1920x1072.  Alternatively, using a resolution higher than your panel's native resolution, that is doing "downsamping", may also work for avoiding your monitor's native resolution (like using 2560x1440 on a 1920x1080 display).
6649da4e48bb3
UJIbU4Quote
ATI GPU Scaling Fix for Windows 7 from 2010 is still applicable for modern gpu scaling problems, it's reuploaded with instructions here: https://community.amd.com/thread/235771
6649da4e48fc5
JDoranQuote

Quote by UJIbU4:
ATI GPU Scaling Fix for Windows 7 from 2010 is still applicable for modern gpu scaling problems, it's reuploaded with instructions here: https://community.amd.com/thread/235771

That looks like the same program I used, that did work, then didn't thanks to some mandatory Windows update or other. It might not be the same one, and I'll give it a try, but I don't think I ever updated the GFX driver because other than the scaling problem, everything else works fine (and with PCs, if it works then it's often not smart to try to fix an unimportant problem, because Microsoft), so that might be a factor for me too.

I'll give it a go and report back, thanks for suggesting it here.

, on the grounds that everything works (aside from the scaling, which I didn't need as the laptop runs verything full screen (1366 x 768) or 4:3

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact