🔒 SS2 to appear on GOG.com soon?

1 Guest is here.
66492f709d706
ZanderatQuote
I want to to thank Voodoo and Koyla for all the hard work and support, as well as taking the high road.  Voodoo has been especially active on the GOG site providing support to the noobs.  Also, donation made to the site.
66492f709d893
voodoo47Quote
as I've already said before, we all do what we are meant to do.

btw, the SS2 GOG page now has a note about the game being patched to v. 2.4.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Kolya, Marvin
66492f709db75
The WatcherQuote

Quote by voodoo47:
as I've already said before, we all do what we are meant to do.

Be that as it may, it does not make you less deserving of either thanks or praise.
66492f709df4b
redrain85Quote
Something else I just thought of.  According to TheEnigmaticT, Night Dive has final approval on any build of SS2 that GOG creates.

If that's so, then why didn't Night Dive raise a red flag before release, when there was no mention of the community's contributions?  If Kick is really so concerned about the community not being attributed for their work, as he claims?  Why did the community have to call them on it?

Quote by voodoo47:
btw, the SS2 GOG page now has a note about the game being patched to v. 2.4.
Well, that's a start, I guess.
66492f709e112
KolyaQuote
I don't read a final approval out of that post. He says that they have to use the build that the publisher gives them but also that they made a few changes on their own. I don't think any of us can tell what exactly happened between these two parties, but I'm not too interested anyway.

SS2 is legally available for everyone now, which is great. Many thanks to Stephen Kick and GOG.com for that.
They also noted the version on the game card eventually. That's also good for us gamers.
Now the credits need to follow, then a fix for the GOG version and hopefully an agreement on how to deal with updates.
These are good times for us. :)

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact